Chapter 6- The muggle world

Draco's POV:
"Harry! We have been walking for the past hour! I am beat and all those muggles glancing at us ain't helping at all!"

He chuckled, " that's because muggles don't dress up in robes or carry brooms around. Besides, stop acting like a baby, we are gonna be there soon, I promise."

I sighed, " it better be worth it."
"You bet.", he winked.
****************
Harry's POV:
As we took a seat at a corner booth of one of my fav cafe, Draco whispered, " what's this place?"
I smiled, " muggles call this a cafe, it's like three broomsticks?"

He couldn't take his eyes off the surroundings as he muttered, " not gonna lie, muggles got taste."
Soon, a waitress with red hair and freckles came by to take our orders. Might I add, she reminded me of Ginny so much except that Ginny has a prettier smile.

I grinned, " two hot coffees, please."
I glanced at Draco to ask if anything from the menu interested him, but saw him frowning.

"That's all.", he gave her a fake smile.

As she left, I asked, " what's the frown for?"
He pouted, " you were smiling at her."
I gave him a puzzled look, " was I not supposed to?"
He sighed, " Harry I know you did that because she reminded you of Ginny."

I scoffed, " Draco, I was being polite. Yes she did remind me of Ginny but this is how I act around everyone... but wait are you jealous?"

I saw his cheeks turning pink, " m-me....jealous? Why would I? Ew no! I- I just.. um want you to... ah.. yes forget about her. I just want you to forget about her and move on."

I gave him a crooked smile as he couldn't stop stuttering. Before I could say anything, our drinks arrived.

"Thank you.", I said.
"Um before I leave...", she turned towards Draco, " it's just I think your robes are fascinating."
Draco stared at her blankly as she waited there for his reply.

I butted in, " yes, it's for our school play."
"Oh", her gaze not leaving Draco's at all, " and what about your hair? Is that a wig?"

"No it's natu-", as he began I cut him off, " um he bleached it!" I let out a nervous laugh as he couldn't stop shooting me daggers with his eyes.

Her face lit up even more and squeaked, " it's so pretty! I love it", she paused, " my shift ends in a hour, can we go out for lunch together? Like a date?"

Draco's eyes widen in shock and he was unable to utter a single word. As I felt a pain in my heart imagining him saying yes, I blurted out, " you see he is my boyfriend. This is actually our first date together."

She gasped, " and I ruined it! Oh god sorry! Enjoy!"
As she left, Draco half whispered yelled at me, " what's that about?"

I shrugged, " what's what about?"
He smirked, " jealous Potter?"
I was trying so hard not to smile, " Draco, I still have many places I wanna take you to. We can't waste much time."

"Sure, sure.", he leaned back in his seat as he started sipping his coffee. He moaned, " This is the best drink i have ever tasted!"

I chuckled until.... He ordered 2 more cups all for himself....
***************
Draco's POV:
"How are you liking the muggle world so far?", Harry asked.
I gave him a small smile as I started thinking about all the places we went today: the cafe, an amusement park, a mall, now a park, " interesting, indeed."

He replied, " I want you to try one last thing before we head back. Just wait here."

As I sat down under a tree, Harry returned with two brown bags. He handed me one, sitting across from me, " this is hamburger and fries, Draco."

"Mhmm... tasty.", I said between each bites, " you must be lucky to enjoy these anytime you want huh?"

Harry's smile turned into a frown, "no you are wrong, my muggle family is the worst... ever since I was a kid, I had to live under a cupboard at the bottom of the stairs. I had to do all the cooking and cleaning. I was treated like a piece of dirt and... and my uncle would verbally and physically abuse me, Draco..."

My hands flew to my mouth, " sorry-"
"No it's all right. It's all in the past anyways. I can't wait to move out after graduation.", he gave me a weak smile.

A comfortable silence fell upon us , as neither of us know what to say. I was lost in my own thoughts on how similar my life was from his... that's until Harry snapped his fingers inches away from my face.

"Sorry, zoned out.", I fake coughed.
He laughed, " I was just saying we should get back."
I groaned, " but I don't wanna leave this pretty place too soon... do you promise to take me back here one day again?"

He nodded, " I promise I will." I smiled as I got up, taking his hand in mine and we started walking towards a dark alley where we could mount our brooms without the muggles noticing us.