chapter one

a/n: hey everyone. just to let you know, words wrote like this, are from the person's perspective.

—————————————————————————

The midnight wind gushes through the palace windows as Wilhelm paces back and forth throughout his room, chewing his fingernails to relieve the anxiety of facing Hillerska once again.

School was about to start in a couple of days. Tomorrow, he will be driven to Hillerska and his new dorm room to settle in before classes start the next day.

That wasn't the main reason he was so anxious though. The part that worried him the most was facing everyone back at school after August had released he and Simon's sex tape.

He jumps at his mothers words. "Wille, dinner's ready." She calls.

"Be right there!"

—————————————————————————

"So Wille." Queen Kristina says. "Me and your father have set up a few rules before you go back to Hillerska tomorrow morning."

"Oh, uh, okay. What are they?"

"1. Don't get distracted by any 'relationships'.

2. Keep August company. No matter what he did to you, he is still family. So keep him close."

Wilhelm scoffs.

"And 3." She hesitates. "avoid Simon at all times."

"Wha-" She cuts him off. "No Wille, I don't want to hear it. You have our family's reputation to uphold. Don't look at him, don't speak to him. Stay away, as far as possible at all costs. You know what will happen if you don't, right Wille?"

Wilhelm sits there in disbelief, shocked by the words coming out of his mother's mouth. "It's not like I can avoid him forever." He explains. "I mean, we're both on the rowing team and what if the teacher partners us up for projects and what not?"

"That won't happen. If you two are partnered for a project or an assignment, or something, do your work and don't let him distract you."

That's going to be hard.

"And also, Simon is kicked off of the rowing team."

Wilhelm is so stunned, he stands up from his chair. "What? Why? This isn't fair to him!"

"Yes, it is. It's for his, and your own good. I don't want you communicating to him at all after what happened last year." She demands as she takes the dirty plates to the sink.

Why was she doing this? Out of everyone, I thought she would be the one to accept me for who I am.

Even though Wille disagrees, he decides to not start an argument. "Ok, mom."

—————————————————————————

The next morning is cold, and tiring. Wilhelm is dreading the thought of going back to Hillerska  but forces himself into a jumper, layered with a black coat and a scarf.

He brushes his hands through his hair as he walks down to the car. His suitcase is already waiting for him and he swallows harshly, trying to erase the thought of Hillerska.

At this point, he wanted to dig up his own grave, cover himself with dirt, and huddle into a ball and cry.

He sits down in the front seat next to his bodyguard looking out the window at the view.