chapter eleven

Wilhelm pushed whoever this person was off of him as fast as he could, but it was too late. Simon was standing in the doorway and saw the whole thing.

Wilhelm adjusted his eyes to the person who kissed him out of nowhere and it was the fact that he wasn't surprised one bit.

Annika Lindberg.

"Leave me alone!" Wilhelm scolded, taking a step away from her. "I don't need to be with you every five seconds!"

Annika just stood there innocently whilst Simon observed our conversation.

"Why? I'm you're girlfriend, aren't I?"

"That is literally sexual harassment. You need my consent."

Simon literally didn't know what to say. The person he had been pining over for what felt like forever just kissed his girlfriend in front of him. And he was hurt because when he was opening the door, he wasn't expecting to see him at all.

"It's not Wille. The queen would've wanted thi-"

"Well did I want it?" Wilhelm interrupted impatiently. "I don't exactly remember saying that I did."

Annika crossed one leg over the other and raised an eyebrow. "Don't lie, Wille."

Wilhelm just rolled his eyes and turned his head in Simon's direction and when their eyes met, he froze.

"Sorry. Am I interrupting something?" Simon asked politely, trying to hide the hurt in his voice.

"I'm sorry." Was all Wilhelm could let out.

Simon didn't reply. He just stood there awkwardly.

"Well, Wille. Ready for our da-"

"Not now." He responded, cutting off her sentence harshly. He walked away fast down the hall with her following quickly behind, giving Simon one last glance of longing and hope in his eyes.

Simon was just left standing there.

——————————————

It had been a couple of days and Wilhelm was forced to go and take pictures for articles with Annika, interviews to attend, and studying for his upcoming exams in the next few weeks.

He was sitting on his large bed in his empty, depressing room. He cuddled with the watch his brother Erik used to wear before he died and couldn't stop thinking about how he messed up he and Simon's relationship even more, just with a knock on the door. (that rhymed lol)

His head hurt from all the thoughts rushing through his mind, his eyes hurt from the stinging tears that were falling down his face, his bones hurt from shaking so much, and most importantly, his heart hurt from the longing of Simon Eriksson.

It hurt him so much, like a thousand daggers into his broken heart when Simon didn't say the 'I love you' back he so desperately wanted to hear. Though, he didn't blame him for not saying it. Simon was setting up boundaries to protect himself from getting hurt, which is smart and another reason why Wilhelm loves him.

There are so many reasons why Wilhelm fell for a guy like Simon but his head was exploding so much, he couldn't even think.

He sat up and texted Felice.

———————————————
Felice

- 12:32pm -

W: hey, you free right now?
F: yeah, of course. is something wrong?
W: can you please just come over?
F: yes sure. are you ok?
W: I'm ok. I just need someone to talk to.
F: oh. I think I know what this is about x
———————————————

Felice was about to come over so he quickly cleaned his room up a tiny bit to seem more presentable. Felice was someone Wilhelm could always count on. She was always there and she even found out who leaked the video. She wasn't asked, nor giving up. She did it to help a friend in need which is why she is so special.

Wilhelm kept thinking thoughts, back to the past and last year before Christmas when suddenly he was interrupted by a knock on the door.

He creaked it open and saw Felice standing there. "Hi."

"Hey." Wilhelm responded, gesturing for her to come inside. Which, she gratefully accepted.

"So, what's the deal? I mean, I feel bad for asking but.. are you okay? After everything that's happened with Simon.. your mom.. Erik.. do you need help?"

They were sitting on the ground, leaning against one of the beds.

"I'm sorry for asking you to come, but I really need somebody right now." Wilhelm muttered. "It's just too hard.. with the forces relationship, August, my mom, Simon, Erik.. I'm the crown prince. Shouldn't my life be perfect?"

Felice sighed. "Wille, no one is perfect. Not even the crown prince. Yes, sure. You've had you're ups and downs but that doesn't change who you are as a person. What matters is you stay true to yourself and find the thing that makes you the most happy. I think that's exactly what Erik would have wanted. For you to be happy."

Wilhelm couldn't help but burst into tears. He leaned on Felice's shoulder as she comforted him calmly. She had dealt with these sorts of things before in the past with her old friends. She knows how to calm people down.

"Let it all out, is what my grandmother used to say. You will never overcome adversity if you keep it all bottled up inside. You were very smart to come to me, I'm really glad you reached out."

Wilhelm was still sobbing into her shoulder but managed to nod his head.

—————————

Simon was lying down in bed. He couldn't stop thinking about what happened a few days ago. And how it broke his heart into a million of tiny pieces. Wilhelm had moved on. He had moved on. It was hard to accept and it felt like it would never happen for Simon at the moment. If you love someone, you have to let them go and hope that they will come back.

Sometimes, someone comes into your life that changes everything. Raises the standards, makes you laugh, and makes you feel like you. There is something about him, that I can't seem to put into words. And even though I'm not with him, I don't want to let him go. It's hard to wait for something you know might never happen. But, it's even harder to give up when you know it's everything you want.

Hi everybody. Bit of an emotional rollercoaster but we haven't even gotten to the good parts yet have we?

Still a bit of drama left to go with Johan, Sara, and August. Wilhelm and Simon, will they finally realise their feelings?Or will they do the opposite of what Felice said and keep it all bottled up inside?

Will Sara be able to handle the stress of Simon at risk of knowing the awful truth about her and August?

Will Felice be able to forgive Sara for the mistakes she's made in the past with her ex-boyfriend?

Will Wilhelm be able to overcome adversity and face the challenge of his mother and the entire country of Sweden?

Will Simon be able to recognise his feelings for Wilhelm once and for all?

And finally, will August realise the pain he has caused others and finally apologise to the people he's hurt?

Read 'Take Your Time' written by @cupidslovesong to find out.