chapter six

It had been quite a momentous few days for Wilhelm, especially when he woke up in the hospital with his mother hovering over him.

"Oh Wille! I'm so glad you're okay!" She said in a worried tone. "God, you scared me half to death! I can't bare to lose another child, Erik was enough."

Wilhelm felt her sobbing on his chest as he laid down on the clean, white bed.

"Mom, what happened? And how did I get here?"

She let out a deep sigh. "Wilhelm, they found sedative hypnotics in your system."

Wilhelm looked confused. "Sorry, what?"

"Sleeping pills." She clarified. "They found drugs in your system. Did you take any before class?"

"What? No why would I?" He questioned. "I don't even remember what happened. All I remember was walking to class and hitting the floor. Then everything went black."

a day prior.

— simon —

I was stressed, disappointed and frustrated. Wilhelm knew August leaked the video and didn't think to tell me. It made my head hurt.

I ran to class as hastily as I could, just when I bumped into a guy with blonde hair and brown eyes. I had never seen him before, like ever.

"Hi, sorry are you new around here?" I asked with a slight nod of my head.

"Oh yes. I transferred here a few days ago. I'm from the other side of the country."

"Oh, cool."

"Have.. you seen Prince Wilhelm anywhere?" He asked me, with a slightly crooked smile.

I shook my head disappointingly but that's when I looked down and noticed something.

I saw him with a glass of water, with ice cubes. At the bottom of the glass.

No, that can't be right. Ice cubes never sink, never. They always float on top of the water.

That's when I remembered something I learnt back in Marieberg. Ice cubes are less dense than water, therefore they always float. Unless, something was in the drink.

I walk away and look at him with a shocked and worried expression, and he looks back at me. He knows that I figured out what he was trying to do because he gives me this weird smile.

I sit down in my chair and wait for the class to start. That's when I remembered something.

That blonde boy was looking for Wilhelm.

I sat there with wide eyes. How could I have been so dumb? Wilhelm hadn't shown up to class yet and I immediately was freaking out.

That's when I saw him enter the room with his hand on his head. He looked pale, and his eyes looked like he had no idea where the hell he was or where he was going.

shit.

I was too late because as soon as I figured out what had happened, he had already dropped to the floor.

Felice, Madison, and I were the only ones in the classroom when he fell.

I sprinted up to him and dropped to the ground, lifting his head up on my knees. My eyes started watering as I saw the pain he was in. He had red, puffy eyes with water filling them in milliseconds. I didn't know what to do. I sat there with one hand in his, intertwining our fingers and the other stroking his delicate face.

Over and over I said, "It's okay Wilhelm, I'm here. Stay with me."

I kept repeating it on and on whilst Felice and Madison called out to Headmaster Göran. He squeezed my hand as he forced his eyes to stay open. I could tell he was fighting so hard.