chapter seven

Wilhelm tilted Simon's chin up to get a better look at his face and the evidence of the fight. Wilhelm delicately thumbs away the streak of blood by Simon's mouth, saying nothing as he examines it. After a brief pause, Simon's heart skips a nervous beat as Wilhelm looks him dead in the eyes. His voice is quiet and tense, his anger barely restrained.

"Who did this to you?"

Simon gathered himself and let out the words - "August."

They stood there in silence, Wilhelm with his head down. Simon didn't know what to say.

"This honestly makes no sense at all." He said nervously.

"I'll kill that motherfucker."

"Wilhelm, it's okay. I raged him up it's on me."

Wilhelm didn't reply. Instead, he turned around and walked down through the halls. Simon watched him as he slowly moved through and passed all the doors and turning the corner.

——

Wilhelm took twists and turns, trying to find the posh little brat who beat up Simon. He eventually found him, once again, talking with Johan.

"Hey Wille."

"Shut up, you have no right to call me that."

"Hey hey.." He said grabbing my shoulder, getting it immediately shrugged off. "I thought we were cool now."

"Cool? Seriously?! After what you put me through? After what you put Simon throu-"

"Wait, Simon?" Johan interrupted. "August, what is he talking about?"

"It's nothing, I-"

"He leaked the video."

Johan stood there with his perfect hair and his red, shiny blazer. He turned his head to face August. "It was you?"

August didn't answer, instead he looked to the floor avoiding both Wilhelm and Simon's eye contact.

Before Johan could say any more, Wilhelm threw a punch at August. "You deserve so much more than just a few punches." He says, walking off back to his dorm.

"THE QUEEN WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS!"

"As if she'll believe you." Johan replied, turning his back in August and strutting away.

———

It was awkward and uncomfortable between Simon and Sara. They haven't talked since Simon yelled at her a few days ago.

"Simon, I just wanted to say I'm sorry."

Simon didn't respond. He kept packing his clothes because they were both moving in to Forest Ridge tomorrow.

"Please answer."

"Why should I?" He scolded, picking up a folded t-shirt. "Have you told anybody else about this? What about Felice? I'm sure she'd be pretty upset."

"Look, I haven't told anybody else but I can't help that. He's black-mailing me."

"Then just black-mail him back. Simple."

Sara stood there in confusion. "How? He's literally perfect-"

"Except for the fact he released an illegal video he could go to jail for." Simon continued, still folding up clothes.

He was right. If Sara black-mailed him back then he wouldn't tell everyone that they hooked up. And then she wouldn't have to stay with him anymore.

"Thank you so much Sim-"

"Yeah, yeah. This doesn't mean that I've forgiven you, you know?" He interrupts. "I'm just helping out my sister in a bad situation. It might take some time for me to trust and forgive you again."

Sara nodded disappointingly as she walked out of the room. Simon sighed.

———————

"This kind of behaviour is unacceptable Wilhelm." Queen Kristina said in an angry tone. "You have no right to treat August like that."

"Actually, I do. He released a sex tape of me, so it gives me a right."

Queen Kristina couldn't find the words to argue back. Wilhelm had a good point. But she managed to anyway.

"Wilhelm, I think I'm going to have to pull you out of Hillerska." She said with a solemn face. "Hillerska has done nothing but cause trouble. The sex tape, your phase your going through-"

"It's not a phase." Wilhelm snapped, disapprovingly.

"Right." She said. "The sex tape, you getting drugged, punching August.. it's just not a good influence on the future king of Sweden."

Wilhelm was mad, like seriously mad. If he left Hillerska, he would never see Simon again, or Felice, or all of his other friends.

"I'm not leaving Mom."

"Then you're taking a one week break." She answered with confidence. "And when you return, you will have a girlfriend. So people don't become suspicious of you and Simon."

"Are you serious right now?! No one even talks about that anymore! It won't make a difference anyway."

"Shut it Wilhelm." She scolded. "I decide what's best for our family. And you will be having a girlfriend if you decide to return to Hillerska."

Wilhelm stood there in silence. Not knowing what to say.

"Also, you will block Simon on all social media. I don't want you speaking to him. I warned you before school started, remember? My three rule-"

"Yes. How could I forget." He said depressingly, looking down at his feet.

He had to block Simon on social media? This has gone way too far. His mother had a line and she just crossed it.

"But I'm not blocking Simon."

"Yes you ar-"

"No. I'm not." Wilhelm interrupted, lifting his head up to meet his mother's eyes. "I'm not blocking Simon. He's still my friend, and he helped me when I passed out."

"It was mainly Madison and Felic-"

"No. It wasn't."

Wilhelm was fed up with his mother's behaviour, he was about to walk off but the words his mother said next stopped him in his tracks.

"Then you won't return to Hillerska."

Wilhelm didn't respond. He just stood there, and froze. What the hell is wrong with this woman.

"Seriously Wilhelm. Is Simon really worth it?"

Yes he is. I wanted to shout.

"Fine. I'll do as you ask."

"Good choice." She said with pride. "Now go do the stuff I told you and I'll call you when dinner's ready."

The fact that she has the fucking audacity to threaten to pull me out of Hillerska and date some weird girl I don't even know. I loved Simon and that is final. Love can't be persuaded, only trusted. She needed to give up.

"One more thing, mom." Wilhelm exclaimed, turning his head back around.

She turned to face him and nodded her head with a confused expression upon her face.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart."