chapter ten

Wilhelm sat in his usual seat next to Henry when the class started. He couldn't focus with all the difficulties in his life right now. I mean, forced relationship, pretending to be someone you're not, getting drugged by a student, punching August, blocking Simon, it was just too much.

He needed to tell someone. He needed to tell someone he knew he could trust.

Felice.

He knew he could count on Felice. She helped him figure out who leaked the video after all and was correct, but his mother obviously already knew that didn't she?

He could feel someone staring at him. So he looked around and saw a pair of green eyes. Johan's eyes. For fuck sake, what does this little bitch want now?

Johan gave Wilhelm an intense stare and Wilhelm glared back. And of course, Simon noticed. He turned his head slightly and saw Wilhelm and Johan having some sort of staring contest, and not a friendly one. He then noticed Johan doing mouth and hand actions symbolising to meet him outside.

Well shit. This can't be good can it.

——————————

"Can you leave me alone for like two fucking seconds?"

Wilhelm was mad that Johan even had the audacity to talk to him after all the shit that's happened.

They were in the music room where no one else could hear, but Simon being the super secret spy he is followed them and was standing outside the door. Listening in on their conversation.

"Listen-"

"No. You listen." Wilhelm interrupted harshly, his words getting thrown into Johan's ears. "Can you leave me alone already!? I've had enough of you and you're ranga head. I don't need to be speaking to some guy I met like two weeks ago that drugged me."

"Ok, sorry about that. But, I did it for a reason."

Simon sighed and put his head in his hand. This guy is crazy.

"Oh yeah? And what exactly was that reason?"

"I really like Simon and you're just taking him away from me-"

"Shut up."

Johan went silent and Simon was shocked.

"What?"

"I said shut up." Wilhelm repeated. "You don't own him, he's not yours. He's no one's. He is his own person and you can't decide who he falls in love with. And if it's you, if it's me, then so be it."

His words made Simon feel happy that he understood how he was feeling, but then also hurt that he didn't mind who he ended up with. It seemed like Wilhelm didn't even care if Johan and Simon got together which would obviously never happen.

"But you don't deserve him." Wilhelm continued. "He deserves someone who isn't afraid of being with him. Who doesn't care what other people might think. You don't deserve him if you're someone that takes him for granted and leaves him when he needs comfort the most."

Wilhelm took a deep breath and Simon was eager for Wilhelm to finish.

"You don't deserve him.." He sighed. "And neither do I."

Those words felt like a thousand daggers stabbing into Simon's already wounded heart.

He doesn't deserve me? That doesn't make any sense.

Before Johan could respond to Wilhelm, he had already walked out the door and Simon ran as fast as he could. Luckily, he wasn't spotted by Wilhelm or Johan.