chapter three

"Simon."

"Wille?"

"I'm sorry."

The phone line ended.

What the fuck?

Simon was so confused, shocked, and upset all at the same time, sitting on his bed for what felt like hours.

How could he mess with me like that? He knows how much it hurts to not be able to be with him.

Simon was annoyed, like really annoyed. With a solemn face, he picked up his phone and messaged Wilhelm.

—————————————————————
WILHELM

Simon: What the hell was that?!
read 2:34AM

—————————————————————

This prince really thinks he can do whatever he wants, huh.

Silver tears fell down his soft face, dropping onto his bed. Did Wilhelm really mean what he said? Or was he just drunk, messing with Simon?

The thought of Wilhelm pulling a prank like that on him made his stomach churn, like his organs had just been flipped inside out. It wasn't a nice feeling.

He read the time on his phone, 2:51AM.

I better get to sleep.

——————————————

Wilhelm woke up in his bed with dark bags under his eyes from being out all night. Every ounce of him was full of guilt and regret of calling Simon.

The sunlight filled his room as it shone through his clear windows, once filmed through. Ruining his life.

Filled with anger and hatred towards a certain 'someone', he shut his curtains forcefully, sitting on his bed. All alone. Wilhelm had no one. He had no one to open up to, to call, a shoulder to cry on, nothing. No Erik, No family, No Simon.

He felt his face and body go numb. As if he lost all his emotions in a split second.

Wilhelm stood up straight and got ready for school. He couldn't let his emotions get the best of him. No crying today.

As he opened the door to the hall, he walked down to eat breakfast. Once he entered the room, he felt all eyes on him.

Despite being the Crown Prince, Wilhelm was still nervous. He felt his anxiety kicking in but tried to play it cool whilst putting breakfast onto his plate.

Wilhelm sat down in the only chair that was free almost at the end of the table with all the other first years. Looking down at the table cloth, he noticed something familiar. It was another boy, sitting across from him.

He looked up and saw the curly haired boy he had called the night before. Guilt flourished throughout his body and he could feel the regret filling his head, making him go dizzy. His leg bounced at a rapid pace, trying to focus on something else avoiding Simon's eye contact.

Simon noticed. He noticed that Wilhelm was trying to avoid him and he doesn't blame him.
What he did was wrong, but he can't take it back now.

Wilhelm picked at his food with a fork, trying to think of something else, anything else. As long as it wasn't Simon or what happened last night.

He eventually couldn't take it anymore so he stood up and took his plate back to his room. While he was walking away, he caught everybody's attention, including Simon's.