chapter twenty

Simon's POV:

"I'm sorry."

My eyebrows shot up. "Why are you saying sorry? She's the one who should be sorry."

"Oh, sorry."

I couldn't help but smile and feel bad for him. Even though he's hurt me in the past, he doesn't deserve this. Nobody does.

"Are you feeling any better?" I asked, placing a hand onto his forehead. When my mom first found him at our doorstep, he was as cold as ice. We were heading into Spring but it usually starts to get super cold towards the end of the Winter season. When I felt his forehead, he still felt quite cold until he snuggled into my hand.

He sighed into my skin. "Your hand is warm."

As usual, I felt tingles inside my stomach. My face started to flush as I softly moved closer and wrapped my arms around him like the morning after I found him at the football field last year. I rubbed small circles along his forearm hoping to somehow warm up and it was actually working because his shivering started to settle.

I held onto him tighter to let him know that I wasn't going to be going anywhere.

——————————————-

"It's still raining." I warned him, walking to the porch of my house. "Are you sure you're going to be okay?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I'll be fine."

I walked with him down to the end of the street in the rain and then waved at him goodbye before he started to walk off but then he stopped.

"I'm such a bad person." He blurted out suddenly, turning around to face me with slightly disheveled hair and drops of rain sliding down his cheeks.

"No you're not." I reassured him, stepping a little closer to where he was. "What makes you say that?"

His eyebrows drew together as he looked at me with a puzzled expression. "What do you mean? Simon, I literally made your life a living hell because I denied that stupid video and then I kept making everything worse with Johan and August. I.. I thought you would hate me."

"Well you can't exactly hate someone who you love the most, can you?" I laughed, twirling a strand of his wet, blonde hair around my finger. "That would be stupid."

His eyes widened like saucers. "Wait, you love me?"

I didn't say anything except smile at him lovingly.

"Are you serious? You have to say it." He pleaded.

I sighed as my clothes started to soak even more. "I love you."

"Merry Christmas, Simon." He chuckled but before he could say anything else I grabbed the back of his neck and pulled our lips together.

I just wanted to stay like that forever but obviously I couldn't. I've never been more happier.

"I love you too." He smiled but before I could reply I noticed his expression sadden. He looked up at me, his eyes filled with guilt. "But.. But I'm not ready yet. I just need-"

I quickly interrupted him with a small chaste kiss. "Take your time, Wille."

"Take your time."

And that's a wrap! Thank you everybody for reading my story and finishing it, I'm sorry if it wasn't the best. This was just for fun tbh and I didn't exactly think I was going to get over 6k readers. Thanks to everyone for supporting me along the way and I hope you all have a great holidays because a new book of mine is coming out in early 2022! Hooray! Thanks everybody again, you all mean so much to me :)

 Thanks to everyone for supporting me along the way and I hope you all have a great holidays because a new book of mine is coming out in early 2022! Hooray! Thanks everybody again, you all mean so much to me :)