chapter twelve

Sara's POV:

I know I shouldn't be doing this, but I can't help it. He's the only one that has actually noticed me, taken an interest in me.

I've never had a boyfriend before, nor loved anybody. I don't even know what it feels like. Is this even love?

Yes. I was making out with August in his dorm. I haven't been able to stop myself, even though he fucked up everybody's lives.

I lost my brother because of him. The crown prince of Sweden hates me because of him. Felice unfriended me because of him. I have nobody, but him and my mom.

If my mom found out, my life will be over. And I really will have nobody.

I don't want to, but for some reason I can't stop. It's like when you smoke. You want to stop, but you can't. You just can't help it.

Simon cannot find out about this. I am at risk of losing him and we're only hanging on by a thread. I'm slipping on thin ice.

Someone knocked on the door and I tumbled off of him immediately. He spoke and I knew exactly who it was.

"August, I need to talk to you. It's important."

It was Wilhelm.

I looked at him in horror, gesturing what I should do and he looked around but his eyes stopped on the closet. Of course. It just had to be the closet didn't it.

I stumbled my way over to it, flinging the doors wide open. To my surprise it was really neat. I stepped over delicately, trying not to ruin the organised closet and sat down in the corner. There wasn't much room, but it was better than nothing. Or hiding under the bed at least.

I heard August say something along the lines of "Yes, be right there."

Then I heard the door creak open. At least I got to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Yes, I get it you're surprised that I'm even talking to you but firstly. I wanted to apologise for punching you, I really didn't mean to. You were just kind of pissing me off." Wilhelm took a breath. "But that's not why I'm here."

August nodded in curiousity, waiting for him to finish.

"You see, can you do something to get Annika away from me? She's not leaving me alone and I'm getting really uncomfortable-"

He stopped. Why did he stop? I couldn't tell, it was too dark in the closet and I wish I could know what was going on.

Wait a minute. Shit. My hair clip and shoes are out there. He must've seen them or something.

"August?" Wilhelm whispered lightly. "Is someone else here?"

"No." He said bluntly. Wow. Good lying.

I could tell Wilhelm was looking around the room but I didn't dare to move.

"Are you sur-"

"Yes I'm sure."

And I was sure that his lying would prevent me from being found but no. Being the idiot I am, I moved because my arm was aching from the position I was in and I couldn't stand it. They definitely heard me. That was until the closet doors swung open and I was met face to face with Wilhelm. He was hovering over me, staring me down with the most shocked expression upon his face.

"I take back everything I said. Fuck you guys."

And before we knew it, he was gone. I can guarantee that he was heading straight to Simon to tell him what he had just witnessed. Fantastic. Love my life so so much.

"Nothing we can do about it now." August said calmly, folding a T-shirt up from his bed.

He didn't even seem to care about what would happen to me. He didn't even seem interested in how I felt right now.

"Do you not care that Wilhelm hates you?"

"No." He murmured delicately. "I couldn't care less. Erik was a far better fit for king. Wilhelm is just his trouble maker brother."

That was when it hit me. That was when I realised that I had just made the biggest mistake of my life.

"Fuck you."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me." I stammered, picking up my belongings. "Fuck you August."

I walked out of the room and slammed the door behind me.

Wilhelm's POV:

I saw it. I saw Sara in August's closet right after I had actually apologised for punching his ugly face. I take it all back. He deserved it. And now, I was running through the hall to Simon's room. Room 108.

My legs picked up pace and I wasn't even tired because I was dying to reach his door.

And there I was. I was there, standing in front of his door. I knocked strongly but hesitantly. This was important and then the door creaked open. Major dejá vu right now.

There he was. Staring straight back at me. I couldn't tell if he had been crying or was just tired. If he was crying, I was definitely the reason why. Oh god.

"What can I do for you?"

Wow. What happened. He acted like he didn't even know me. And it hurt. It hurt a lot.

"I just saw Sara in August's closet." I choked.

He didn't budge, just stared back at me. And with his expression, I knew he didn't believe me.

"She wouldn't do that." He replied calmly but slowly. "I know my sister, she wouldn't make the same mistake twice. She's been trying to get rid of August."

He stopped but I was dying for him to continue.

"I would believe her over you."

I felt a piece of me break. I felt like my heart just shattered into a million pieces. He didn't believe me, and I was telling the truth.

We just stared at each other and I felt my eyes tearing up. His expression didn't change. This isn't the Simon I know.

That's when I felt tears falling down my face. I was crying. He looked like he didn't even care.

That's when I snapped. I remembered all the shit I have been through; Erik, Mom, August, Simon. I broke down right there in front of him. I was crying hard, my knees buckled up and I fell to the floor. I couldn't bare this pain anymore. I wanted it to just fly away and wished I could live a normal life with Simon.

My hands and face were wet from my tears and I let out sobs. I was on my knees with my face in my hands crying.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

I'm sorry for being such a coward. I'm sorry for not standing up to my mother. I'm sorry for letting Erik die on me. I'm sorry for leaving Simon. I'm sorry that I let people walk all over me.

I'm sorry.

Ouch. This chapter kind of hurt. Sorry for making it so sad and I love you all for giving me 1.1K+ reads. This feels amazing that people enjoy reading my story.