chapter fifteen

Wilhelm's POV:

The grass on my soles is soft on soft, warm on warm, a gentle tickle as each giving wand forms a cushion of green. Each strand moves in the spring breeze as easily as my hair, the waves and rustling as alive as my steady breaths. I was calm. My back hit the feathery, emerald pillow as I fixed my vision on the blanket of stars that stretched to infinity. My eyes focused their attention to the perfectly divine glow that sprung out, shooting across the sky. A shooting star. Of course, I made a wish. A prayer, hoping somebody out there would be able to hear and listen.

I wish that everything was okay.

I really wish it was. I wish I was able to be okay and not have to constantly worry all the time about how things would end up. I just want a normal life, is that too much to ask? Some people really don't know how lucky they are and what I would give to just spend the rest of my life with the one person I love, but can't have.

It sucks, doesn't it. Liking someone you can't have. Seeing them everyday, but knowing that they'll never be yours. It's the worst feeling, cause all you can do is dream about and wish for them, but never have them.

The cool wind blowing against my cheeks interrupted my thoughts as I heard a noise in the distance behind me. I took the chance to lift my head slightly and turn to catch the person who had taken my significant spot. If it was anybody else I would've told them to leave but it was him. And I wasn't complaining.

"The sky looks pretty tonight." He whispered as he laid down next to me looking up at the sky. "It's funny how close they look but how far away they actually are."

I chuckled. "Just like my mother and I." Once I realised what I had just said my eyes widened and I covered my mouth with my hand. "Sorry, I just ruined the moment."

Simon didn't reply, he just laughed as he settled deeper down into the soft grass of the football field. "What are your plans for the future?"

I hesitated. That's a really hard question. "I don't know. I've always had my future planned out to be king and I don't really have a choice if I don't want to live it or if I do."

Simon hummed in understanding to show he was listening. "Doesn't it bother you? Just a little bit?"

I glanced over at him with a confused look. "What?"

"I mean, you can't choose your own life. Your forced to live in a world where people dictate and walk all over you. Doesn't it bother you?"

I laughed but no humour was added to it. "Of course it does. Every single day. I just want to be a normal person with a normal life that can do normal things in a normal world. I mean, is that so much to ask for?"

"Yeah." Simon breathed as his gaze fixed upon the night sky. "I get it.

I really do."

—————————————

"Can you believe those two? I mean, I thought she was over him."

Felice pointed at the short girl with dark brown hair falling down her shoulders then to the black haired curly boy she was talking to, leaning against the locker.

"I didn't even know they were a thing in the first place." Stella sighed, rubbing her temples in frustration. "Why does nobody tell me these things anymore?"

"Because you'll fucking post it on every single social media app you have."

Stella and Madison laughed at Felice's remark as she continued with a whisper so nobody could hear. "And you think I'm joking."

Felice, Madison, and Stella all watched afar from Madison's locker, observing the way Sara and August were acting around each other. "Ugh. Gross."

That was when they noticed another girl walking over towards them, with long brown hair. Annika Lindberg.

"Hey Sara." They watched as she waved and walked closer. "Hey August."

"Hey Annika." They both replied in unison, turning to face the girl that had just entered their conversation.

Sara then brought Annika into a whisper so that only they could make out their conversation but unluckily for them, Felice can lip read.

"I thought you were keeping Wilhelm busy." Felice watched as Sara's mouth moved and made out her whisper. "He saw me in August's closet."

Holy fuck. What?

"Shit." Annika accidentally said out loud causing August to chuckle softly whilst she looked around, her cheeks fading red slightly as she turned back to their conversation. "Are you serious? I'm so sorry oh my god. Does Simon know?"

"I don't know. I overheard that him and Wilhelm are still fighting so maybe not."

Annika gave Sara a small smirk. "They were. I made sure of that."

Sara flinched a little. "What?"

"Wilhelm knocked on the door and I ran down the corridor just in time to kiss him in front of Simon. His face was priceless but I don't think Wilhelm was too happy."

"Damn right I fucking wasn't."

Felice, Madison, and Stella all looked at Wilhelm who was standing right behind Annika with a very incredulous look on his face. August slowly backed away and sped off down the hall before anyone could stop him. Annika and Sara exchanged looks before Sara's lips turned into a thin line and Annika sighed, facing Wilhelm with an innocent smile. "Hey Wille."

"Don't call him that."

Everybody watching gasped faintly as Annika's mouth popped open to the sight of a very pissed off latino boy, slightly shorter than the crown prince.

"You're not supposed to be here." Annika snapped, looking at him up and down. "The queen wouldn't be very happ-"

"I don't give a shit about her." Simon spat back before quickly mouthing a 'no offence' to Wilhelm as he replied with an approving nod. "I can do what I want. I don't need to follow her rules. Or yours for that matter."

"I- Wha- Are you seriously going to speak to me like that?"

"Yep. I am."

"Wilhelm." Annika gritted her teeth before facing him. "You know what will happen if you don't follow your mother, right?"

Wilhelm's face fell as the words he dreaded came right out of her mouth causing Annika to give him a soft smile knowing she found his weak spot. "Yeah. It will cause a lot of problems, won't it?"

Wilhelm didn't respond. Instead, he took an interest in his shoes that were sparkly clean. Simon glanced at the two of them before opening his mouth again. "What do you mean?"

"Please don't." Wilhelm whispered. "Please. Don't."

"I cant risk losing him for the third time."

Omfg I'm so fucking sorry that this chapter was so so late. I've been incredibly busy at the moment and it's unreal. So much schoolwork it's driving me insane. Thanks so much for reading and I hope you enjoy.

P.S.

What are your thoughts on Johan?