chapter eight

'Crown Prince Wilhelm may or may not be returning to Hillerska Boarding School where his brother previously studied.'

Simon's face fell as he read the news, blinking incredulously. Not returning? Why?

Simon's heart ached as he reread the message. He sighed and put down his phone but jumped as he heard knocking on the window.

Hesitantly, he moved the curtains over and standing there was Ayub and Rosh. Ayub had a sympathetic look on his face whilst Rosh stood there waving and smiling, gesturing for Simon to let them in. So he did.

"Hey, man. Sorry we came uninvited, but we wanted to check up on you." Ayub said, climbing into the room.

"Right." Simon replied softly. "What about?"

Ayub and Rosh look at each other frowning. "You know why we're here, Simon."

Simon sighed again. "I really hope he doesn't leave. It's not fair."

"We know." Rosh comforted from behind. "I'm sorry that you have to go through all this but we're here to distract you and cheer you up."

Simon smiled gratefully, happy that his friends cared about his feelings. "Thanks guys."

Simon doesn't understand why Wilhelm might move schools. Hillerska is where his family has been attending for like generations. Surely they can't just give it up. On the other hand, Hillerska hasn't really been doing a great job of representing the royal family. I mean, sex tapes filmed at the school, drugs, the crown prince suddenly turning gay, shit like that.

That was when he felt his phone vibrate again. Nervously, he picked it up and observed what looked like a theory.

Crown Prince Wilhelm returning to Hillerska with a new special someone? Guess he really was telling the truth.

Attachment: 1 image

What? Special someone? Wilhelm would never do something like that. It's merely impossible he would forget everything he and Simon had. Simon clicked on the link and it showed him a photo:

 Simon clicked on the link and it showed him a photo:

(idk wtf this is but just roll with it)

Who is that girl? And why is she hanging around Wilhelm?

Simon slapped his phone down on the bed and sat there with Ayub and Rosh, trying to clear his head.

"Hey man, are you alright?" Ayub asked with concern.

"I think it's to do with this." Rosh replied, showing Ayub her phone with the message he just previously looked at.

"Fuck him. You don't need that prince Simon. You're great and you don't need some boy to remind you that. Even if that boy is me."

Simon smiled gratefully but it immediately faded as he remembered his memories with Wilhelm. Simon wanted to believe Ayub, but he just couldn't. He loved that little prince too much and there was nothing anyone could do about it. He wants to move on, but he just can't. No matter how hard he tries. He can't decide whether he should follow his head, or his heart.

——————————-

"Mom. She is not coming to Hillerska. I wont allow it."

"Wilhelm, it has been decided. Astrid will be attending Hillerska until further notice. She will do good for your reputation and you can stop seeing.." She took a deep breath. "That boy. Did you block him on all the socials like I asked?"

Wilhelm lowered his head. It wasn't fair that Astrid had to come to Hillerska too. And there was absolutely no possible way he could let Simon know that it was all just a big misunderstanding because he couldn't reach him without his mother finding out. That everything on the media isn't true. That his mother isn't true. That he isn't true.

Wilhelm was right all along. All the people are fake. Everything in the world is fake. But his love for Simon, is anything but. And there is nothing his mother, nor the media can do or say to change his mind.

"Yes, mother." He replied solemnly. "I did."

"Good job, Wille. Remember, being a prince is not a punishment but a-"

"Privilege. Yes, I know. I know."

"Good." She replied, no emotion covering her face.

Wilhelm didn't respond. Instead, he walked up to his room and sat on his bed, bouncing a ball on the ground as it flung back up again. Kind of like his life. He thinks it's over, finally has a chance to be free. But then he hits the ground again. The hard ground, and then comes back up again.

"I'm sorry, Simon." He whispers quietly, pulling his phone out of his pocket. "But otherwise, she'll kill me."

He presses on his contact and blocks him. He knows it's wrong, but it's for Simon's sake. He's not safe when he's with Wilhelm. Neither of them are.

—————————

"Should I ask Wilhelm about it?"

Ayub and Rosh are quiet.

"C'mon guys, I have to do somethi-"

He stops mid-sentence staring at his phone, no words could possibly come out of his mouth.

"What's wrong?" Rosh asked concerned.

"He blocked me."

"He what?! Let me see."

It was in fact, true. Wilhelm had blocked Simon on every single social media that there possibly ever was. Except one, Instagram.

"Not on Insta, I guess that's a start." Ayub murmured hesitantly. Simon could tell he didn't really know what to say.

And of course, another notification had to ruin his mood even more. Just when he thought things couldn't possibly get any worse.

Crown Prince Wilhelm's found a girlfriend?#newqueenofsweden ??

"Holy shit. He wouldn't do that would he?" Rosh voiced cautiously. "I mean, I really thought he cared about you."

"Maybe I was just a fling or some shit. Maybe he doesn't or never did in the first pla-"

"Shut up Simon. We all know that's not true. He wouldn't do something like that, I can just feel it. He wouldn't do something that badly to hurt you."

"He already did."

Ayub and Rosh went silent for what felt like hours. All the memories he and Wilhelm had together, were they even real? The football field, the party, the movie night? Did it mean anything to Wilhelm at all?

Of course it did. Otherwise, it would've never happened in the first place.

——————————————————

Hello everybody! So nice to be writing again.

I took some time off because I went to Hawaii for a vacation and wow oh my god it was amazing.

Next few chapters are going to get more interesting so please stay tuned and thank you for almost 500 reads! That's insane. Thank you all so so much.

In Omar's Instagram story this morning, he was at a set with YOUNG ROYALS COSTUMES AND FRIDA! (Actress of Sara Eriksson) so what could that possibly mean hm?

Season 2? Because I sure hope so <3