chapter two

Classes have finally started and everyone is hugging each other in excitement.

As Simon walks through the hallways, he spots a familiar face walking towards him.

Don't come this way please.

"Hey socialist, nice to see you again."

"Hi, August." Simon replies nervously.

"Just letting you know, I don't think you and Wilhelm will be talking anytime soon." He chuckled. "His mother gave him three rules he has to follow. And by the way, one of them mentions your name."

Simon was shocked at the words falling out of his mouth. He froze and August was laughing even harder now.

"Anyway, nice chat. See you around socialist." He says giving Simon a pat on the back.

Simon immediately brushes his shoulder as if August was infected with some sort of disease. But at that moment he didn't care about August, he cared about Wilhelm. Simon had so many questions.

What rules did he have to follow? And why is my name mentioned in one of them?

He tried to dismiss what he had just heard, but it was hard. So he quickly sprinted to his next class, math.

He sat down in his chair waiting for Sara to come sit next to him so he could get his mind off things.

"Hey Sara."

"Hey Simon." She replies enthusiastically.

"You excited to be back at school?" Sara adds.

"Not in the slightest. And you know exactly why. I mean, I haven't even figured out who recorded or leaked the video yet."

A prick of guilt itches her spine. "Maybe try to forget about it. It happened quite a while ago so maybe people forgot about it."

"You are so wrong Sara. Every single time I walk in and out of school, I feel hundreds of eyes staring at me along with tiny whispers like I'm some sort of celebrity." Simon exclaims. "It's horrible."

Sara nervously rubs her knuckles with her thumb. "Sorry, Simon."

"Don't worry, it's not your fault."

The teacher walks in and begins the class, but one person is still missing.

Wilhelm.

Simon stares at his grey, empty chair in front of him.

I haven't seen him in so long. It's painful not being able to speak or keep in contact with him.

Just as Simon is about to lose hope, he sees Wilhelm and his green sweater trip on a piece of paper on the ground. Luckily, he catches himself.

He bows his head, "Sorry I'm late sir. My, uh, mom called."

Wilhelm is a shit liar.

Simon catches a glimpse of his full face.

He looked more amazing than ever. His hair slightly longer than before and his eyes beamed like somehow his life wasn't falling apart. When it was.

The teacher doesn't care and tells him to sit down in his seat. Simon can tell Wilhelm is trying not to make eye contact. Because if he does, there is no doubt that when he starts looking, he won't be able to stop.

Wilhelm hadn't even caught a glance of Simon yet. He was too afraid. Instead, he tried his hardest to focus on his school work but all he could think about was Simon. His curly hair, soft skin, it made Wilhelm's heart hurt.