[happy]<fluff>

small angst, but mainly fluff

---

characters:
-ranboo
-tubbo

---

"I'm tired of being happy"

"Huh?" Tubbo said, glancing over at Ranboo

Ranboo continued staring up at the stars "I'm tired of being happy"

"Why?" Tubbo tilted his head, slight worry in his voice

Ranboo breathed out quietly "It's tiring. It's exhausting to fake being happy around everyone. Some days I just want to cry, but I can't. And you know why?" They turned to face Tubbo

"Why?"

Ranboo looked back at the stars and chuckled, small steam coming from their eyes "Because it hurts," their voice broke "it hurts to cry. Every time I try to cry, I'm left with scars that remind me every day that I'm nothing but a mess. That I can't even do a simple task of crying."

Tubbo nodded and listened quietly "Mhm.." He leaned his head against Ranboo and asked "Hug?"

Ranboo nodded and Tubbo hugged them. Ranboo dug their face into Tubbo's chest and just... Broke down sobbing. Tubbo gently rubbed circles on Ranboo's back, telling them sweet nothings.

Ranboo continued crying, letting it all out. They needed this. They needed to unwind and have a good cry.

That's what bottling your emotions do to you. It leaves you feeling so extremely terrible for so long. One single small thing could happen and you just.. Break. And that's what happened. Ranboo bottled up all of these sad emotions that the moment they started talking about their emotions... They broke.

The pair sat like this for a while until Ranboo ran out of tears. They pulled their face from Tubbo's shoulder and said a quiet apology for soaking Tubbo's shirt.

"It's okay.." Tubbo whispered, wiping spare tears from Ranboo's eyes with a kind smile. Ranboo only smiled back and said a thank you. Tubbo softly chuckled and whispered a you're welcome.

Ranboo sat themself next to Tubbo, leaning against him as they held each other close.

Both boys were just enjoying the beautiful stars above, not discussing the moment they had just a few seconds before. They didn't have to. Because it wasn't anything important. They had each other in the end and that was okay with them both.