[little miss perfect]<angst>

high school au/band au + trans ranboo

---

tw:
-brief transphobia
-underage drinking

---

Straight hair, straight A's, straightforward
Straight path, I don't cut corners
I make a point to be on time
Head out the student council

Ranboo was a straight A student, their grade never falling below a 95. It was expected from them. They were extremely smart - reading even at high levels from a young age. This often placed them as the teacher's favorite in most classes.. and most favorite in the high school. They were the head of the student council.

I don't black out at parties
I jam to Paul McCartney
If you ask me how I'm doing, I'll say
Well, hmm...

They didn't even go to parties. It's not like they were invited - they were invited to enough to last a lifetime - they just.. never did enjoy going to them. And if they did, they usually hung out, jamming to Paul McCartney in the car since they had to drive drunk friends home. They enjoyed it.

I was adopted when I was two
My parents spoiled me rotten
Often I ask myself, what did I do
To get as far as I've gotten?

Sometimes Ranboo would spend nights laying awake, thinking about whether they were adopted. Their mom didn't attend college and only had a high school level of education... Maybe that's why she spoiled them rotten. Because her.. "daughter" wouldn't end up like her.

They didn't feel like they deserved to be this smart. There were many other people who were struggling and here Ranboo was, only having to raise a single pinky and they would get the answer right.

A pretty girl walks by my locker
My heart gives a flutter, but I don't dare utter a word
'Cause that would be absurd behaviour for Little Miss Perfect

Ranboo often had this short boy walk past their locker. They would watch him as he passed, feeling a strange feeling fluttering in their stomach. Tubbo. Their closest and bestest friend.. a red was usually found dusted across their face once they turned back to their locker. Thankfully no one would see them red in the face for their own best friend. Because Little "Miss" Perfect shouldn't be like that.

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na
No, I can't risk falling off my throne
La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la
Love is something I don't even know

Because Ranboo couldn't risk their mother finding out that they were catching feelings for the one friend that their mother didn't like. Tubbo was one of the people who often lost his temper around people who said a bad word about Ranboo. Ranboo found it sweet. Their mother.. didn't.

They also couldn't tell thier mother since she wanted them to be focused on their studies first before dating. Ranboo didn't even know what it was like to have a partner. Because their mother was overprotective.

Straight hair, straight A's
Straightforward, straight girl
Little Miss Perfect, that's me

And because they were Little "Miss" Perfect. A grade below A would ruin their title. They wouldn't be perfect any more. A partner would distract them. That's what their mother said.

One night, my friend stayed over
We laughed, and drank and ordered
Something about her drew me in
What? It's totally platonic