[overstimulated]<angst to fluff>

pretty short chapter. i've been busy with school honestly

---

Ranboo clicked their pen on and off, bouncing their knee as they tried to focus on the conversation with Tubbo, but it was so hard. Their mind wouldn't focus and they were about 80% sure they were overstimulated and knew they couldn't do anything about it. They didn't want to be rude to Tubbo and stop him in the middle of a topic he looked so extremely invested in. That would be too rude of them, so.. they decided to stick it out.

They just watched him as all the loud noises of the world buzzed just as loud beside his voice, finding it so extremely hard to just.. focus. They didn't even realize Tubbo had finished talking until they saw him say their name.

They perked up a little and tilted their head, asking a little "hm?" He must've asked if they were okay because that's what they read on his lips and they nodded small. They honestly hated sensory overload and overstimulation and all the other crap. They saw Tubbo shake his head and ask something along the lines of "what happened?"

Suppose the truth has to come out.

Ranboo merely only said they're a little overstimulated, that's all and soon immediate worry rushed over the other boy's face. He told them to take as long as they need to recover before going on mute. Ranboo would've told him it's fine, but.. they knew he would keep on pushing and they were already not mentally okay already as they were in this current state.

They muted as well and rolled back from their desk, tying back their hair and getting off their socks and shirt. They got off anything they could just... feel on their skin and just sat back in their chair, breathing slowly as they reached over to their desk to put in earplugs to try and muffle the sounds of the world the best they could.

After a while, they didn't feel too bad as before and took one of the plugs out. The main outside noise that was happening had gone away and they got both out before starting to dress into more loose clothing.

They sat back down in their desk and unmuted, humming quietly "I'm back now.." Tubbo unmuted as well with a small smile "That's good. What happened?"

Ranboo hummed "Oh. There was some pretty loud construction a few houses down and then there was also you speaking and a whole bunch of other things and it all just piled onto making me gain both sensory overload and overstimulation. I just needed a few minutes of almost silence. Sorry" Tubbo smiled sad "It's okay. Sorry that I was causing you distress" Ranboo shrugged "It's okay. You didn't know and I didn't tell you." Tubbo nodded small "Okay.."

Ranboo hummed and rested their chin in their hand "I'm honestly feeling better now.." Tubbo nodded "That's good. Tell me in the future if you're feeling like it again, please? It sucks to feel that way and i don't want you to suffer" Ranboo nodded back "I will, don't worry darling" Tubbo smiled "Good."