Mikami, who used to be Dead

*Karin’s POV*

“Show me where L is now.” I said coldly at him.

“Um, L told me not-“

Kenta grabbed Matsuda’s collar. “Karin means NOW.”

“O-Okay, but don’t tell him I told you guys okay?” Matsuda waves his hands in front Kenta, showing that he was innocent.

“Is everything all right here?”

All three of us turned around to see a man taller than Kenta, black hair and red eyes looking down at us.

“No.” Kenta drops Matsuda and glares at him up and down. “Nothings wrong here.”

“Well, I’m Teru Mikami.” He holds my left hand and kissed it. “Oh. You’re married?”

I moved my hand away from Mikami. “So?”

“What’s a young pretty girl like you married already?” Mikami asked.

Kenta stands in front of me. “Get away from my sister.”

“Oh, Madame Angel was looking for both of you. So, I followed you and watched you.” Matsuda said staring at me.

“Tell me Mikami, who’s Madame Angel?” I asked pushing away Kenta and glaring at Mikami’s red eyes.

“I’ll tell you one thing.” Mikami lifts my chin up. “I’m a half breed.”

“Hey, what do you think you’re doing to Karin?!” Kenta yelled.

Before I could also respond, Mikami kissed me. I lifted my hand and slapped him. “Why did you kiss me?! I barely know you!”

Mikami turns back to me and smiles a little. “Oh, you will soon.” He points at Matsuda staring at him in horror. “From him.”

“I-I thought y-you were d-dead!” Matsuda stuttered.

“Well, bye now.” Mikami disappears in the crowd of people passing by.

“I’m so going to kill him for what he did!” Kenta said under his breath.

I touch my lips. Mikami’s lips tasted like black berries. I clenched my hand into a fist. Mikami stole my lips from L’s strawberries. Now it’s just black berries.

I see little drops of my tears on the cement. Then more and more until I noticed that it was raining. I shook my head. Now’s not the time to think about Mikami. It’s L and I that matters. We both need to solve this bloody case before anyone that we care dies.

I turn to Matsuda. “We need to go to L.”

We all started running and running until we reached Watari Orphanage. I open the door of the secrete room that Matsuda showed me and ran down the dark halls. I see a white light at the end.

*L’s POV*

I hear someone coming. Must be Matsuda getting my fourth box of donuts. I ate the last piece of donut from the previous donut box. I turn around to see that Karin was standing there soaking wet.

“What happened to you?” I asked.

“Explain.” She said with her bangs covering her eyes.

I lift my hand up to my ear. “What?”

“Explain why you made Matt lie to me.” She walks closer to me.

“I wanted to test you if you were able to survive a day without me.” I said as Karin hugs my neck. “Who told you I was here?”