Misa's Final Wish

I open the door of the orphanage. Kenta walks over to me with a smile. “Hey how was school?”

I drop my school bag. I ran over to him with a huge hug. He gives me a worried look. “Hey, what’s wrong?”

“Everything will end tomorrow…” I whispered.

Kenta moves me away from him. “What do you mean?”

“Light told me that by tomorrow I have to decide if I want to kill our dad or not at the old church. Where I met Madame Angel…”

“Do you mean your mother?” Matt asks when he walks down the stairs.

I glare at him and grab his shirt collar. “DON’T MENTION HER AGAIN?! YOU HEAR?!”

Matt notices his mistake and pats my head. “I’m sorry.”

I hug him. “Sorry for yelling…”

Mello walks in, chewing on his chocolate. He sees me and smirks. “It’s hug day already?”

I let go of Matt and point at Mello. “Hell no and get ready for tomorrow, we’re going to kill half breeds.”

He jumps in the air. “Alright some action!”

Near walks in holding a robot and rubbing his eyes. “I was sleeping Mello…”

We all stared at him in shock. Near gives everyone a confused look. “What?”

“You never sleep!” Mello and Matt point at Near.

Kenta shakes his head. “You and L are so alike….”

I clench my fist. “We need to focus.”

Everyone agrees.

“I hope this will help.” Mr. Hugui comes in opening a silver box on the kitchen table. Four packs of bullets and two hand guns. “This if for Karin and Kenta, Matt and Mello already has one.”

Kenta holds it. “Nice.”

“This can kill half breeds but not shinigami.” I sigh as I lift it up and examine it. “How many bullets can it take?”

“I upgraded it, to hold up to ten bullets.” Mr. Hugui said and gives me two packs of bullets. “I hope that it is enough to get to the church.”

Near takes out a laptop and quickly types up something. “Here is the picture of the church and how many half breeds are guarding it.”

I walk over to him and look over his shoulder. I see some of them are my classmates that hate me. I sigh. When did they lose their senses?

I stand up straight. “Everyone ready?”

Everyone nods their head. Near throws me something. I catch it and see it was an ear piece. I gave him a questioned look. “What’s this for?”

“You can’t go in there without a plan or a strategy.” Near smirks as he twirls part of his hair.

I pat his head. “Thanks Near, I won’t let you down.”

Kenta lifts up the suite case and walks out the door with me, Matt, and Mello. Matt points at a black car. “This car is bullet proof. We don’t know if they have something up their sleeves.”

“What are you talking about? They always have something up their sleeves!” Mello exclaims and opens the door of the diver’s seat. Matt bonks Mello’s head, “I’m sitting there, idiot. You’re a bad driver too.”

Mello mumbles as he walks over to shot gun, but Kenta pushes him out of the way and sits down in the seat. I smile over to Mello. “Guess we’re sitting in the back seat together.”