How would I know?

The next day was horrible. I couldn’t get out of bed or change into my funeral clothes, but I forced myself to anyways. I sigh as I put on a black veil to cover my face, to make sure that the FBI agents, who admired L don’t see me cry. I hear a knock at the door. I tied a ribbon around my neck. “Come in.”

The door opens and Matt walks in holding a single white rose. He gives it to me. “Here you need it for him.”

I accepted the rose. “Thanks, I’ll be ready in a second.”

“Okay and Kenta’s here also.” Matt said and then closes the door. I untie my black ribbon on my neck and tie it around the white rose. I sniffled back a tear that was coming.

Why did he have to die this way? First it was Light who killed him, and now it is mom.

I lift the black veil over my face to dry the tears that I didn’t notice. I walk down the stairs and greeted the guests that I didn’t know, but they knew L.

“Sorry about, L. He was the greatest detective the world has ever seen.” An old man who was the last guest said. He pats my shoulder. “When I got a letter that he was getting married to you, I couldn’t believe it.”

He sighs and looks down at my left hand with the wedding ring. “I wished I was there. Truly I wished to see how happy he was to meet you.”

I bow. “Thank you.”

“Please don’t do anything reckless for him.” He pats my hands as I stand back up.

I nod my head. “I won’t.”

Kenta appears from the crowd and looked tired as hell. He sees me and rushes over to me to give me a big hug. “I’m so happy that you’re safe! I didn’t know what I would do without you.”

I hug him back. “Same, my dear brother.”

He lets go of me and holds my shoulders. “I brought some good news!”

I gave him a weird look. “At L’s funeral? You have got to be crazy.”

“It involves with L!” Kenta exclaims. People stopped their conversation and looks over at us. Kenta then gives everyone a worried look. “I’m sorry my sister isn’t feeling well and can’t take the pill that L gave to her when she didn’t feel well.”

The people then went back to their conversation. I sighed sadly. “Tell me after the funeral.”

Everyone went outside to L’s grave. They said their talks about him, things that he did was grateful to them and the cases that he solved that helped the world. Finally it was my turn to talk.

I gulped and walked up next to L’s grave. “You gave me emotions and how to live a life full of happiness. Even though I was nothing in this world, you showed me how beautiful it was.”

I set down the white rose that I was holding the whole time onto his grave. “Let your soul be rest in peace, I beg of you.”

Everyone clapped softly and said their goodbyes to me. I was alone with Kenta. I lift the black veil on my head. “Tell me what this great news you found out.”

“The judges of souls are judging L!” Kenta said and gives me a hug.

I bonked his head. "Of course they are judging him! What’s so great about that?”

“There’s a slight chance that he’ll be a half breed.” Kenta said while rubbing his injured head.

“Really? So he'll be alive again.” I said softly. Then I gave him a stern look. “How did you get this information? It’s forbidden to know!”

“Rain is one of the judges! Isn’t that great and she can visit me once every ten years.” Kenta laughs a little.

“That’s great she’ll visit you the next ten years!” I said and pat his back. “You’re really lucky.”

“Hey at least it’s not like I’m not going to see her ever!” Kenta laughs and pats my back. “I’m happy that you’re smiling a little.”