Kira the Shinigami

*Karin’s POV*

“A case that’s like the Kira case is rising in publicity.” L says typing on his computer.

I leaned in to take a peak at the computer. Computer: “Five criminals in Jail got heart attacks around 12:00 a.m., 9:00. Then for the other three the next day was 7:00 a.m., 8:00, and 20:00. The last criminal wrote ‘He’s back’ back with his blood.”

I shivered. “That’s just creepy.”

L gave me a questioning look. “You’re a shinigami, why would you get creep out about this?”   

I sighed. “Because, shinigamis at the Shinigami Realm don’t even bother writing in their Death Notes.”

L looks back at his computer and chews his thumb. “It’s an alphabet number code.”

“A what?” I asked and sat in a chair next to him.

“For example A is one and B is two, then it continues to 25.” He looks over at me. “Do you understand now?”

I nodded my head.

“12 is L, 9 is I, 7 is G, 8 is H, and 20 is T.” His eyes widened when he said that and so did mine. We looked at each other in the eyes. “Light Yagami.”

I stood up scratching my head and thinking. Walking around in circles. “Wait isn’t there another person named Light?! There has to be another one!”

L grabbed my shoulders. “Calm down. Only Light Yagami would do this.”

I stood there with L’s hands on my shoulder. “Then, what about Misa?”

“She’s not smart enough to pull it off.”

____________________________________________________________________________

A few hours L, Matt, Near, Mello, Kenta, and I are sitting in the living room getting ready to put all the clues that L found. Me, Matt, Near, and Mellow sitting one couch and L sitting in an arm chair. Kenta said that he was going to get some dinner with his friends that he made at high school. Kiyoshi is one of them.

“We all know that Light Yagami is dead.” L said.

Everyone nodded including me.

“He has cousins that knew everything about his death, but didn’t have any reactions for revenge.”

I raised my hand. L chews on his thumb. “Yes, Karin?”

“What if Light Yagami turned into a shinigami?” I asked.

Everyone stared at me. I shrugged. “It’s possible.”

“Kukuku, Karin is right on the spot.”

We looked around the room to find the voice, but couldn’t find it anywhere. That laughter continued and I look over at the fire place. Ryuk’s face popped out of the fire place.

I yelped and jumped into L’s lap who was sitting across from me. Ryuk flies out of the fire place and grabs two apples in the fruit bowl on the small table. “Apples are like drugs to me.”

I sighed. “Don’t scare me like that Ryuk.”

He laughs and gobbles down the apples whole. “You’re becoming more like a human girl everyday.”

I stand up and folded my arms. “You act like my dad.”

L sighs. “Let’s get back to the case now.”

I nodded and sat down next to Matt again. L looks over at Ryuk. “Are you saying that Light is a shinigami now?” he asks.

“Yep and that’s all the information I’m going to give you.” Ryuk says laughing.

I slammed my hand onto the small glass table and glared at Ryuk. “Why won’t you tell us more?!”

Ryuk just stares at me. “Because, the Shinigami King has interest in Light. This means if I disobey Light. The Shinigami King would come down here himself and kill me.”

I looked shocked. “My dad would do that for him?”

Ryuk doesn’t say anything.

“But, why?” I asked looking down at glass with no reflection and then a few seconds later I see my reflection.

“Because your dad likes me better than you.”

I look up and see a shinigami with red eyes, a skull face, red ribbon and goggles around his head, a black jacket on, brown spiky hair, and a bone scythe on his back.

We all glared at him, except for L, Near, and Ryuk. “You must be Light Yagami.” L said.

The shinigami smiles. “Yes, but my name is Kira now. It sounds godlier with that name.”

“You’re still a murder in my eyes.” L said.

“Yes, but I am god. I will bring justice to this horrible world.” Kira says. “You are on the list to die.”

I noticed that Kira didn’t have a Death Note, but I stood up. “Where’s your Death Note? You know you can’t kill anyone without it.”

Kira laughs. “I have a Death Scythe that can cut threw people’s souls and kills them. Leaving their dead body behind.”

He lifts up his Death Scythe. “Isn’t it wonderful?”

He swings it at L. I jumped in front of L and block the Death Scythe with my hands. Then something went wrong. My hands started to shed some blood. “How is that possible?” I said nervously.

“It’s a gift from your father.” Kira laughs.

He swings the Death Scythe and the force of it made me hit the ground with a small cut on my check. Kira looks back at L. “Now, back to you.” He says lifting his Death Scythe above L’s head.

L tries to get away, but Kira holds L down with his free hand. “You won’t runaway.”

Then Kira slashes down. I ran in front of L again and blocked it between my hands, but the blade gab my  left shoulder. I screamed at the pain while the blood made a waterfall from my shoulder to my waist on my white dress. Kira pulled his Death Scythe away hard. As he did I fall backwards landing in L’s arms.

Kira jerked and laughed. “Well, someone’s calling me. We’ll continue this later.”

Kira put his Death Scythe on his back and flew away. I coughed some blood and my vision turned blurry. L called my name, but I couldn’t hear him when the room turned dark.