Betrayal from Boredom

*Karin’s POV*

“What?” I said. “You’re lying! My mom said she loved me before she left me at the Shinigami realm.”

“Let your imagination go wild then.” Ryuk said and sat down on the floor.

Is it true that she left me? Is dad leaving me as an only child and making Kira his own son? One thing for sure I need to know when Kira turned into a shinigami.

 I can go ask Sidoh about the humans that turned into shinigamis, if he saw Light Yagami. I look back at L. “I need to go to the Shinigami realm to help you solve this case.”

“You can’t even fly there.” Ryuk said and then laughed a little.

“I know someone who can.” I said smiling at him.

“I’m going to.”

I turn to see Kenta was also in the secrete room. “Not a secrete room anymore now, huh L?” I asked.

“I’ll get a new one ready later on.” L said.

“Anyways, Ryuk is going to take me and Kenta to the Shinigami realm.” I said.

L walks over to me and hugs me. “I’ll miss you.”

I hug him back. “I’ll miss you to.”

“Okay, I’ll hide you and Kenta so that no humans can see you.” Ryuk stands up. “Let’s go.”

When Kenta and Ryuk left, I give L a peck on the cheek. “When you find my mom wait for me, okay?”

“I know.” L said and before I left he said. “Don’t be gone too long.”

I turn around smile a little at L as he goes back to his laptops and screens. “I won’t.”

I walked out of the orphanage to see Ryuk and Kenta wearing the clothes when I first met him. “What’s with the clothes?”

“What? I want to look nice for dad.” Kenta grins and straightens his coat.

“Nice?” I asked.

“Come on, scary is nice.” Ryuk said. “Now let’s go.”

Me and Kenta nodded and hid behind Ryuk’s wings. “Hold on.” Ryuk said looking back at us.

I grabbed on tighter on Ryuk’s leather shirt. Feeling the wind on my face going by faster and faster, I closed my eyes from it. Then I felt the pressure of the entrance of the Shinigami realm.

“Karin, we’re here.” Kenta said.

I let go of Ryuk and open my eyes to see the Shinigami King’s guards glaring down at me. I smiled weirdly at them. “Nice to see guys, again.”

“You’re father has been waiting for you for a long time.” said one of the shinigami guards grabbing me on the arm and leading me to my father. While leading me and Kenta, Ryuk flies over us and smiling wider at me.

As the guards opened the skeletons double doors, I see my dad standing up from his chair. This is new. He never stands form his chair unless it’s serious. The guards let go of me and Kenta and closed the door leaving me, Kenta, and Ryuk with my dad. The Shinigami King.

“Hey dad.” I said.

He glares at me and then looks at Kenta. “Who’s this?”

“Kenta is your adoptive son.” I said and pushed Kenta to face my dad.

“H-Hey, um dad?” Kenta said with a little smile.

My dad eyed him and then smiled. “I was about to make Kira my son, but now I have a son with a better glare then he does.”

“What?!” I exclaimed. “All Kenta did was having this glaring eye and an eye patch to impress you?!”

“Yes.” Dad then sits down in his big skeleton chair. “You’re also grounded for saving a human from turning into a shinigami.”

“You’re so unfair!” I wined.

“Life’s not fair, wait you’re dead.” Dad scratches his head. “Um, dead life’s not fair!”

“Can I at least visit Sidoh?” I pleaded.

Dad folded his arms. “Why are you acting like a human and why do you want to see Sidoh?”

“I needed to act human so that humans don’t notice something’s off about me. I want to see Sidoh, because I need to talk about something important to him.” I glared up at him.

Dad sighed and then leans on his arm. “Fine, but Kenta is staying here so that I can learn more about him.”

“Really?” asked Kenta with a smile on his face.

“Yes, what kind of father doesn’t know about his child?” Dad asked.

“Me.” I said as I walk passed by Kenta. “Daddy’s boy.” I joked in his ear and then walked out of the skeleton double doors. As I continued to walk I see shinigamis taking out their Death Notes and writing. I closed my eyes and smiled. Stupid shinigamis, I’m your kind. I reached a big house shaped from a really big animal’s bones. I walked in the entrance and see a big bug mummy shinigami looking at screens of the Shinigami realm.

“Hi Sidoh.” I said.

He turned around reached out to me with his really long fingers. Grabbing my school jacket winter uniform and looking at me in the eyes. “What’s a human girl doing in the Shinigami realm and not in chains?”

“Stupid, it’s me Karin.” I said as I punch his face.

Sidoh sets me down. “Really? The Karin I know has red eyes and longer hair.”

“Yeah, well I traded half my eyes and my wings to save someone. Talking about chains and humans, did you see Light Yagami turning into a shinigami in the Shinigami realm?”

Sidoh looked away. I glared at him. “Sidoh, tell me now!”

“Fine, Ryuk told me not to tell you that he was hiding Light when he was transforming into a shinigami!” Sidoh ran out of his house leaving me to glare on the ground and making my hand into a fist.

“Ryuk, you just hate being bored.” I said.

I look up and see the Shinigami King’s shinigami guards handcuffing me. “Come with us.”

“So, where are you taking me?” I asked smirking up at them.

“Shinigami prison.” said one of them.

My eyes went wide. “What?”

“Did you really think that the Shinigami King would let you go back to your room and stay there? You have to go through torture to understand your mistakes.” said the one holding my arms.

I heard that it was the worst place to be in. Well from Ryuk. I still can’t believe he hid Light from me. We continued walking until we reached a big cave. Two shinigami guards were standing at the entrance. As we walked down in the cave, I can hear screams and shadows from the red flames. I was shivering more and more as the screams grow louder every step that I take.

I never knew that shinigamis would scream. The shinigami guard that was holding my arm pushed me into a stone room. And then un-handcuffed me and cuffed me again from the walls. Leaving only my feet free to move.

I look up and see a shinigami holding a whip. “Oh, joy.”