Preview of Death Note 2: Daughter of the Shinigami King and Queen

I hold my daughter in my hands and stare at her beautiful blue eyes. L had already given me the address of the parents that will take care of her. I didn't like the bit of leaving her, but it was for the best. She is one third of a human.

I walk down the dark road and street lamps were lit every few blocks or so. It seemed like a good neighborhood. I take out the paper and read the house number and then put it back in my pocket. I walk down some more blocks until I found a mansion with the same number on the paper.

I gape at the mansion. You have got to be kidding. L picked a rich family for her? Well if they ever be so mean to her, I swear I will write those parent's names down on a death note- wait calm down. I need to remember if I ever saved a human, then I'll turn into dust. Like Rem did for stupid Misa.

I walk up to the door and place a basket and my dear daughter in it on the ground. Her wails felt like bricks hitting my head. I felt a tear drop my face and onto her cheek. I have to do what's best for her.

I knock on the door and then ding donged. I stand there and wait for the parents to come. They can't see me, and I was glad about it.

A British woman with long blond hair and blue eyes wearing a white sleeping gown, looked down at my daughter. A Korean man next to her was the one who opened the door. They both gave my daughter a sad look. The woman picks up the my daughter as she stops crying. "Hyun Su, you know I can't give birth to a child, can we please adopt her?"

Hyun Su, the Korean man smiles and pats my daughter's head. "She looks Japanese, but of course we can take care of her, Annabel."

I sighed in relief and take a few steps backwards. Still watching them for any bad behavior. Annabel holds up a piece of paper and smiles. I knew it was time for me to go. I turn around and spread my wings, giving one last look at my daughter before I flew away. I smiled. "Goodbye, Asoka. I'll miss you."