L, You're Back

*Kenta’s POV*

L sighs. “Actually I’m dead, my soul is here to go through the process of being a shinigami.”

I slap my forehead and laugh. “The thought counts.”

A rattle sound breaks my thought of train and as I look down, I see that the chains are disappearing. Ryuk laughs. “Wonder if you’ll still look human, L.”

L walks over to me and Ryuk. “I doubt it.”

I pat his shoulder. I want to get L changed fast before the wedding, but how am I going to bring it up to him? I turn to Ryuk. “How do we make the chains go faster?”

Ryuk laughs. “That’s not possible kid. It be a miracle to make the chains go faster in process.”

I glare at him. “Then I’ll figure out how to make it faster.”

*Karin’s POV*

Animal head bones in a row forming a path for me to walk down for Light’s wedding. I didn’t want to say it was my wedding since dad planned it.

Also I hated it, but I have to forget about him. I need to move on even if it hurts. I see shinigamis on both sides. At the very end I look up to see Light and my father. Light gives me a fake smile.

Every bit of it I hated it. He gives me dead flowers. I hold it up and gave him a look. “They’re very nice.” I said sarcastically.

Light shrugs and holds my free hand. “At least they used to be flowers.”

I look away being annoyed. Blocking out all the messed up words that my father said for weddings and I close my eyes. Imagining the wedding from the past, marring to the man I loved from my heart.

“Karin, do you accept these terms?” My dad said. It stopped my world of thought. I take a deep breath. “I-”

“I disapprove.”

My eyes went wide in shock. I know that voice, that sweet tone I loved. I slowly turn around and try to hold back the memories and tears coming to me. But I let them flow into me. I smiled and see the man I am married on earth.

He lifts his hand towards me and smiles a little. “We are married, right Karin?”

I nod my head and gave him the biggest smile I ever had in the Shinigami Realm. “Yes, L.”