The step of a life of the letter detective

Sorry that this is short! And this is KarinxStrawberryCake typing this up on this account for Nii-san since he's grounded for a while... -_-

_____________________________________________________________________________

*Kenta’s POV*

X takes another sip of her tea and looks up at me. “Are you serious?”

I sit in the seat next to her and comb back my hair in frustration. I didn’t want to repeat it. She sighs and pats my head. “Can shinigamis really get married.”

“Who knows…” I sigh and take a bite of her sandwich. X stares at it and pushes the plate closer to me. “Take it, I don’t get that hungry.”

I look at her plate and sigh. It was just a piece of apple pie. “Do you miss Karin?”

X shrugs and gets up as the door opens. Her mom walks in and sees the plate moved aside. She gives X a worried look. “Sweetie, why didn’t you eat your pie?”

“This is my third plate, also dad didn’t have any yet since he’s working.” She responds and takes another sip of her tea. Her mom giggles. “I feel like you’re an adult already.”

X smiles, sets down her tea cup and takes out a piece of paper. “Can I go to Harvard? I got accepted.”

Her mom looked so shocked, but in a scared way. She runs out of the room and comes back with her cell phone. “When do you want to start?! Also you can stay here or go in dorms!”

X smiles and stands up to hug her. “I want to stay here and I want to start next week.”

It felt really awkward for me to be still here. When her mom left the room, to give her dad the big news, X turns to me and smiles. “Watch over me in the skies as I turn this world into a better place.”

I nod my head and smile back. “Of course, if it’s not like Kira’s way.”

She frowns and points at me. “Meanie, of course I’m not going to do his stupid plan.”

We both laugh and as it gets dark it was time for me to go to the shinigami realm. We both walk out and see a beautiful scene. X looks up at the stars and the fireflies that glided to her. She holds up one with a smile and care.

I hug X. “See you soon.”

She lets go of the firefly and hugs back. “Be safe.”

I let go to spread my wings. “Of course, I’m a shinigami I can’t die.”

I fly away and hope the best that X becomes a great detective like L and Near.