Chapter 28: Dinner with my Best Friend's family and some Upgrades

By the time I make it back to my house, my phone buzzed with a new text popped up on the screen:

Hiro: hey! U coming over?

I texted back:

Me: I will! Just lemme warn my mom and sis

Hiro: take all the time you need! :)

I blushed when he sent me that text with the smiley face. I rushed through the door, and greeted my mom. After flinging my bag into my room, I ran for the Hamadas. But before I could rush out the door, my mom stopped me.

"Hold on! Where do you think you're going, young lady?" She asked me. I turned to see her giving me a "Tell-me-where-you're-heading-to-or-face-my-wrath" look.

"Uh...the H-Hamadas...Hiro invited me to have dinner with him and his family..." I trailed off.

"Well, why didn't you say so?" My mom smiled. she grabbed her purse and said,

"I'm coming with you! I've actually been dying to try out the cafe that my friends keep telling me is so exquisite! And no "buts"! Understand?" She said.

"Uh..s-sure..." I shrugged. And we began the drive to the cafe.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hiro's POV

I heard a car door slam, and lookedout the window to see Skylar and...her mom?! What the heck?! Sky didn't say anything about bringing her mom!

"Tadashi!" I called.

"Yea,bro?" He called back.

"Skylar's here!" And raced down the stairs, not waiting for Tadashi to answer. I already was ahead of my plan: after dinner, it would be time for the reveal. Of Skyalr's armor and see how she likes it!

"Aunt Cass! Is everything set?" I ask.

"Yes Hiro! It's all set!" Aunt Cass replied. Suddenly, the door opens to reveal a nervous Skylar and...Her mom. Not what I was expecting.

"Hello! You must be Sakura Miazaki!" My aunt introduced.

"Yes I am!" Her mom shook my aunt's hand.

"I'm Cass Hamada, the proud owner of the Lucky Cat Cafe! Skylar has told me a lot about you!"

"Yes! So I've heard! And I hear that you're cafe is very popular!" Her mom observes. "Or so my friends say!" She lays eyes on me. "Oh! Hello, Hiro!" She waves to me. I smile back and wave in return.

"Perfect! Why don't we go upstairs and chat for a bit? Maybe get to know each other better?" My aunt offers.

"Sure! It'll be good to know my Skyalr's friend's guardian! So, tell me how you started the cafe?"

"Uh...aunt Cass?" I ask. "what about dinner?" I motion to the table.

"Oh! Sorry! It's by the back counter in the kitchen!" My aunt calls to me. "So, to be honest, I started..." As soon as Aunt Cass and Ms. Miazaki were out of earshot, I whipped around to Skylar and ask,

"You didn't say you were bringing your mom?!"

"I'm sorry!" She apologizes. "It's just that she wanted to see the cafe for the first time and she wouldn't take no for an answer on me going alone!"

"I-it's fine! As long as they're out of our way..." I mumble.

"Hey guys! Sorry if I'm late!" Tadashi runs down the step and sees Sky.

"Hey, Sky." He waves.

"'Dashi." She waves back.

"C'mon! We've got a plate of hot wings with your name on them!" Tadashi smiles as me and Sky head to the kitchen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Skylar's POV