Chapter 20: Reflections of the Past

Shadow Man POV

Argh! I can't believe it! I've lost that girl twice though my thoroughly thought out plans! The attack at the factory wasn't that good, and drowning her and her stupid friends in the ocean so her powers were to be released didn't work! I decided finally:

"That's it! I need to call in for assistance. I need the most diabolical, despicable, low, cunning, and ruthless masterminds this city has to offer!" I decided and slammed my fists down on the table. My mind suddenly thought about that boy who was with the brat in the bus and in the factory.

"That boy...HE might have something to do with her!" I thought. I suddenly remembered that boy, and his secret: that and his friends are a group of crime-fighting superheroes of the city called Big Hero 6. They defeated someone named Professor Robert Callaghan a few months ago and have been protecting the city ever since.

"Maybe these Heros could be worth helpful to me and my plan..." I grinned with satisfaction and started to record.

"Day 8 of the Shadow Man's log. I lost the brat twice in my plans. But I remembered seeing this boy about her age with her on my planned attacks. I figured he could be of some help on how to get her since I know about him and his accomplices. If I can find out what his connection to her is, then getting the Dragon Flame will be easier that I expected. The ex-nemesis of the Heros was a Robert Callaghan. So that could be another useful clue. I'll need to have a little chat with him very soon. That's all for now." I clicked off the recording button and went back to my planning.

Hiro POV

"I can't believe we danced all night long!" I exclaimed as Skylar, Baymax, and I walked down the street to the cafe.

"Well, technically, for 4-5 hours we got our groove on!" Sky joked and started to disco dance to no music. I started laughing at her and she socked me in the arm, lightly. Suddenly, I yawned and said to her,

"Getting kinda tired. Can you carry me?" I asked sweetly and gave her puppy dog eyes.

"No way dude! I'd fall once you'd put your weight on me!" She sassed.

"Please?!" I whined and got down in my knees and cling to her legs. she was laughing uncontrollably and trying to pry me off of her, but I had a grip like iron steel!

"Hiro, no! You're a grown boy! You can walk yourself!" She says and tried to drag herself up the street as I still cling to her.

"Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!!!!!!!" I beg until finally:

"Okay! Fine! Wimp!" She grumbles and sweeps me off my feet and carries me bridal-style up the street, and I stu bald to enjoy the ride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After 5 minutes of being carried around, Skylar started to slow down. I heard her panting pretty hard. I looked up to see her face all sweaty and red from exhaustion.

"Y'know... I don't see how me carrying you up to the house makes me feel better." She sassed.

"C'mon! It's like 3 more blocks!" I said as she rolled her eyes and continued up. Soon, I started to feel sleepy and drifted off into dreamland.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Skylar POV

Everything ached: my head, my back, my arms, legs, feet, neck, everything! I ached no matter what! I can't believe I agreed to carry Hiro! Why me?! At least we made it to the cafe.

"Your neuro levels indicate that you are feeling stressed." Baymax confirmed. I jumped at the sound of his voice, and turned back to see that he was still following me. But when I saw Hiro sleeping peacefully in my arms, I motioned for Baymax to help me.