Chapter 4: Aunt Cass, The Cafe, The Tragedy, and Baymax.

Skylar POV

Hiro and I walked down the street, under the dimming street lamps, and all around us, a crisp, cool breeze was starting to come in. We fell in step with each other, as we silently walked side by side. I looked at Hiro for a second and when he caught me staring at him, I gasped slightly and looked away, my cheeks burning. The awkward silence was still around us, and I decided to fill it.

"Hey Hiro!" I said.

"Yea, Skylar?" He looked over at me.

"Um..." I faded off, stuck on what to say, but an idea quickly filled my head.
"Do you wanna talk?" I asked awkwardly.

"Sure!" He agreed. "Whatcha wanna talk about? Maybe each other?"

"Okay!" I said, surprised. "Sure!" And I began to talk.

(Time skip. :P Haha! XD)

Hiro POV

I listened to Skylar as she talked, her eyes focusing on certain places: a random street lamp, the sidewalk, a car, anywhere. And sometimes, she'd look over at me with those intense, striking and pretty eyes. It was like she was focusing on a certain object as if it had an impact on her past life. She would say the basics: she's 14, going on 15, her nationalities were half Japanese, and she's 1/4 Italian, and 1/8 Mexican, Irish, and German, was raised with a nice family, had a desire for music, is the keeper of this mysterious power called the Dragon Flame, which she used to save me back there from those thugs, and other powers as well, and so on. I listened very carefully to every word she said, like I was reading a sci-fi book, and the hero was finally dueling his arch-enemy and only one could be crowned the winner. Until she asked me something that I couldn't hear since I was staring at her longingly. I soon heard an angelic voice call out to me, saying my name over and over again.

"Hiro.......Hiro!.......HIRO!!!!!" I suddenly snapped out of my daze and saw Skylar, looking at me as if I had something nasty stuck to my face

"What?" I asked.

"I asked if you're gonna tell me about YOU now!" She said to me.

"Okay, if you insist!" I said in my worst prissy drama queen impression, flipped my shaggy hair, and Skylar started snickering like crazy.
I smiled at her humor and I started to talk.
~~~~~~
Skylar POV

Hiro wasn't as bad as I thought he was! Turns out, he's into inventing cool things as well! He's also around my age, but I found out he's 15, attends SFIT because of his older brother, is half-Japanese, like me, and half-Caucasian, and lives with his eccentric aunt Cass , who runs a cafe, and is currently at SFIT as of today.
After we finished talking, I noticed Hiro looking at my charm bracelet which a Neko Cat charm dangled in the center of the chain.

"Hey Skylar, what's that?"and pointed at my bracelet.

"Oh! This was a gift that I got on my birthday one year!" I explained and held it up by the light so he could get a better look at the charm.

"It's really nice! Who bought it for you?"

"My dad did. He gave it to me before he-"I suddenly felt an empty hole in my stomach and felt like I was going to vomit in a minute. "B-before he....uh...." My eyes darted everywhere and I felt the world spinning very fast as I saw Hiro looking at me with fear in his eyes.

"Skylar? Are you all right?" He asked me , his voice full of worry. I suddenly started hyperventilating, and I felt tears forming around my eyes. And without thinking, I ran down the street as fast as my shaking and numb legs could carry me.

"SKYLAR!" Hiro yelled, but I couldn't hear him as I ran at half speed down the street. I soon heard footsteps following me and not too far away. I rounded the corner and I suddenly couldn't take it anymore and I clung to a street lamp and cried hard. I covered my mouth with my hands and I sank to the ground, on my knees, my muffled sobs still resounding behind the palm of my hand.