Chapter 12: The Dreams/Nightmares

Skylar POV

My eyes slowly opened as I shifted them back and forth.

"W-what? What going on?" I wondered and lifted my head up.

"Am...I dead?" I thought. My head slowly turned to the left as I looked at a hand, on my left shoulder. That hand was attached to an arm, attached to a body, and that body had a head. My head slowly shifted with my eyesight to that head and a face appeared before me: a round-oval shaped head, and soft and kind brown eyes. The same brown eyes from someone I knew but couldn't remember. The face also had raven hair and covering it was a baseball cap with 2 symbols of red and yellow crossed together. The face also had a smile and his eyes gazed down on me with kindness. I gasped and turned around as I stayed on the ground and looked up into that face.

"Who...who are you?" I asked.

"You don't know me?" The stranger asked. I shook my head vigorously. I started to whimper as I covered my face with my hands. and cried.

"That's it!" I cried out. "I accept it! I'm dead! D-e-a-d! Dead!" And kept crying. I felt the stranger's arms close around me and pull me to him. I rested on something soft but hard. and breathing.

"Hey! Hey! It's okay! You're not dead." He comforted me as I rested on his chest. I sniffed and looked down.

"I-I'm not dead?"

"No. You're just stuck in dream." the stranger told me. I pulled away from his embrace and looked at him. It suddenly came to me, a flashback on who that person was. On the night I saved Hiro, he let me into his house and I remember seeing that same baseball cap on a bed in Hiro's room, and him talking to me about his older brother, the one who died in the fire. I gasped and suddenly pulled away. I took a good look at the stranger: same features, a white tee, a tan jacket, black pants and green high tops. And the same black hat.

"Tadashi?!" I exclaimed, my mouth dropping slightly open.

"Hi Skylar." He said and looked at me.

"He knows my name!" I thought.

"This isn't happening. This isn't happening! This can't be happening!!!!" I freaked out and started hyperventilating and shaking my head. I clutched my head and looked all around the blank area. Tadashi was saying something to me, but I could only hear my heart beat pulsing faster and faster, until my legs gave out and gravity takes me down. My vision was blurry by my own tears but I saw a blurb of white, tan, black, and green run to me and catch me before I could hit the ground. Tadashi helped me to the ground and kneeled beside me and patted me on the back as I heaved out heavy sobs. I knew I wasn't dead, but this still didn't make any sense whatsoever! I didn't care if Tadashi was trying to comfort me out of care or helpfulness. All I did was cling to him and heaved out sob after sob. A million thoughts were running through my head : What's really going on? Why was he doing this, comforting me? Why did it seem like he knew me when I didn't even meet him in real life? It didn't matter because, all I needed to do was to let out my emotions instead of keeping them all in with fear terrorizing them. After drying my eyes, I slowly looked at Tadashi and asked,

"How do you know me...?" I asked quietly.

"Ive been watching over you, Skylar. And Hiro too."

"You know about me and Hiro?" I sniffed.

"Yes. I do. You seem like a good friend to him!" He told me. I smiled at this.

"Y-yea I guess I am." I shrugged. He looks at me as I do to him.

"His eyes are like Hiro's!" I thought. The same shade of caramel-brown that makes my heart light up with glee. It makes it easier for me to speak.