Chapter 21: Welcome to the Team!

Still Skylar POV

"Get away from me!" I screamed and bolted awake. I sat up in bed and panted really hard and I looked around my room: everything was the same as it was before, and I breathed in heavily and sighed with relief. I looked at the clock: 1:30 am! Was I dreaming for that long?

"It was only a nightmare, Sky, don't freak out. It's just a nightmare." I reassured myself as I drank from my water bottle that I had by my nightstand in case I was thirsty. I suddenly felt something sticky on my face and found out it was tears.

"What? I've been crying?!" I thought. I quickly stood up and went to the bathroom to wash the tears off my face. I went back to my bed and I tried to go back to sleep but something kept haunting my mind:

"Those images..." I thought long and hard. "What were they showing me? And more importantly, why?!...maybe they want me to think that Hiro's past wasn't as perfect as I think it is! Or maybe it's because I don't know Hiro at all!" I concluded, but shrugged it off.
"I'll think it through in the morning." I decided and buried myself deep in the covers and drifted back to a restful sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next morning, I woke up. The horrible nightmare flooded back to me and I got worried. I decided to ask Kagomi later today on it. Maybe she might have a solution. I dressed in a cute outfit: a dark midnight-blue butterfly shawl top with polka dots and a lace woven bodice with bronze beads on the front, dark jeans, and my favorite knee high dark brown leather boots with buckles on the sides and I pulled my hair up in a curly-ended ponytail. After I brushed my teeth, splashed water on my face, my phone started to go off. I looked at the screen and saw that it was Hiro.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey Skylar!" I heard his voice call out.

"Hey Hamada!" I answered back. I heard him cry out in pain. Then I heard Baymax's voice.

"On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your pain?"

"I'm fine, Baymax." Hiro answered.

"Is everything okay? Or should I just call another time?" I asked.

"No! No no! It's fine! It's just that I woke up to find myself in a weird sleeping position: my head is by the front of my bed, and my feet are propped up on the back frame of the bed, and I think I have a kink in my neck from sleeping like that all night long. Who even put me like that?!" He asked. My eyes grew wide and I covered it up by saying,

"I have no idea..."

"So, you wanna come over later?"

"Ugh! Hamada, can't you see I was busy planning to do nothing all day long?" I joked in a mock-annoyed voice.

"Says you!" He sassed. "But I actually wanted to ask if you wanna come over so we can work on your armor if you're gonna join the team! Plus, everyone's gonna be there for moral support!"

"Oh, pfft! Duh! I completely forgot! Don't worry! I'll be over there faster than you can say, 'Sassmaster!' And you're lucky that I didn't get to eat breakfast!" I pointed out as I heard him laugh.

"Okay, see ya, Skylar!"

"See ya, Hamada!" and hung up. I ran to the door, and grabbed a shoulder bag and placed in my jacket, my phone and charger, earbuds, my wallet, and grabbed my hoverboard. I ran down the stairs, and found my mom sitting at the table, reading the newspaper, and munching on a lemon poppy seed muffin and drinking a mug of coffee.

"Morning mom!" I called to her and gave her a hug.

"Hi Petunia!" She returned the hug. She looked at my outfit, then at me. "And where are you going on a fine day like this?"