Chapter 15: Best Night Ever!

Skylar POV

"All contestants on stage now! It's results time people!" The guy said whom I learned before was named Deryll. Everyone lined up in order, and we made our way to the stage. I stood in the back and took my place along with the other singers who performed. I saw in Mr. Hartthorn's hand were the three envelopes that held a ticket in someone's future. and I just know that one of those envelopes won't have my name on it. but I guess well just wait and see.

"Okay, people. This is it! The moment of truth! Who will be our top three students/acts to join the school? The results are in!" And he opened the 1st envelope with the winner of the orchestra category.

"For orchestra, we have...Jenny-Rebecca from her and her astounding performance of her original piece, 'Frozen Heart.'!" And everyone applauded as an 18-year old girl stepped forward and bowed and accepted the letter.

"For the band category, it's...Aerosmith 2.0!" And everyone cheered. The 4 guys I saw earlier in the lounge were slapping each other on the back and the lead got the letter from Hartthorn's hand.

"And finally...our winner of the choral category..." I felt my nails dog into the palm of my hand as my legs wobbled like jelly.

"I'm not gonna win. I know it." I looked at the ground hopelessly." But then,

"Ms. Skykar Miazaki!" I instantly looked up and everyone was cheering the loudest for me after my name was announced!

"What? No way!" I thought happily. and I ran to the front of the stage and the letter was placed in my hands! I smiled out into the crowd and I looked over to see allmt friwdaw err clapping and cheering for me! And Hiro looked at me and gave me his heart-melting smile. I took my place with the others as Hartthorn announced,

"Our new students of the Academy of Music! Give em a hand, people!" And the applause rang out non-stop. I soaked in the feeling as I thought happily:

"I did it! I got in! I'm on a roll! And nothing's gonna stop me now!"

~~~~~~~~

When I made my way backstage, all of the other contestants were shooting me dirty looks. But I didn't care! All that mattered was that I made it into my dream school! And it was the start if something new! (HSM anyone?!)

After I grabbed my bag, I looked up to see my family and friends cheering as they came to me through the door.

"Hey everyone!" I said and held up the envelope in victory.

"I got into the school!!!!" I cheered. and everyone cheered with me. Fred slapped me on the back, Gogo and Wasabi gave me some smiles and said congrats to me, and Honey and I were squealing and jumping up and down with glee.

"My sister is a star!" Kagomi said, and bear-hugged me.

"Yea I am!" I high-fived her.

"Congrats, honey! I'm so proud of you!" My mom said as she held onto aunt Cass and cried.

"Mom, it's okay. No need to make it so overly dramatic." I reassured her. Hiro appeared by my side, and said to me,

"Great job, Skylar! You were perfect!" He smiled and I blushed.

"Thanks, Hiro." I smiled shyly. A voice behind me interrupted,

"Ms. Miazaki?" I turned around to see James Richardson, one of the judges, looking at me and walking towards me.

"Yes, sir?" I asked.

"I have to say, you were astonishing!" He cheered and I blushed."I have never seen singing like that in years! Your voice will be the best to work with! You must be proud of your voice! And your father would be proud of you that you're following your dream!" He told me and I nodded as he continued to speak.