13 || The Froyo Encounter

|| Chapter 13: The Froyo Encounter ||

Taehyung gazed at the pastel sky through the window of the froyo shop leisurely sipping on his strawberry drink, the saturated pink liquid caressing his taste buds, leaving a sweet trail down his throat.

Taehyung had been sitting here for a while now. Whenever his mind was muddled with things he can't decipher or ran out of inspiration, he had the habit of roaming around the city to places he has never been before and looked out into the world to find answers --in case of today, he was trying to find solace to soothe his chaotic mind

Candy shops and ice cream bars are great starters for this venture and so there he was, in the cosy little froyo shop at the cross-section, that he had come across while wandering around the downtown area.

The shop was sparsely populated with customers--- just a family, few workers from the nearby shops and a young couple. The place was welcoming, there was a softness to the hue of the furniture, yet it was still of bright colour, happy in vibe. In the grain of the wood, there were streaks of fuchsia and sky-blue colours, of creams and greens too. He loved it all the more for being reclaimed, for being made perfect by all those random imperfections.

I should bring Nabi someday. 

Being Sunday, Nabi and Yoongi were busy---- napping. Taehyung had left the house silently, him being not much of a sleeper.

Despite the coldness in the shop due to the air conditioner set to a freezing temperature, the little place radiated with the warmth of love from the small family and the lovers. 

The 5-year-old boy who was licking his ice cream a moment ago jumped out of his stool and ran to the female behind the counter, with stuttering steps, despite his mum calling for him.

"Excoos me... Can you pwease...Uhm.. low-- less--lesser the tempature?" he asked, his big doe eyes filled with curiosity.

Taehyung who was sitting a few feet away, opposite to the counter almost cooed at the boy's cuteness.

The girl turned around at the voice but finding no one in front of the counter, she looked around and finally caught Taehyung's gaze. He pointed his finger towards the floor and mouthed the word 'down' silently.

Her eyes widened in amusement and peeked down leaning on the counter. Her lips stretched into a wide smile on finding the adorable kid patiently waiting.

"Hey there sweetheart..what can I do for you?"

"Cold-it's.... cowld...Brrrr!" He hugged himself, mirroring a baby bear.