15 || Take You Home

|| Chapter 15: Take You Home ||

*****

"You're safe, you're safe... It's okay now.." Jungkook kept murmuring the words in a hollow chant while Taehyung held them in his embrace, chiming in every time he felt the ravenette's voice drip down low. 

Taehyung had no idea how to assist them medically, for he wasn't aware of the procedures, he still sat there crouched beside them, huddled under the vast grey sky--- even if moral support was all he could provide, he would do just that.

He didn't want to leave them alone, hurting in loneliness. He wanted to stay, with them, as long as he could. And he did. 

Minutes passed, Taehyung could feel Hansol's breathing gaining back its stability gradually, body trembling lightly in their hold. He wondered if it was because of the dropping temperature that chaperoned the harsh weather and as far as he could sense, Jungkook wasn't aware of the changes in the weather yet. 

As if on cue, a flash of bright lightning began to fill the sky, but as yet, no rain--- though it won't take the dark clouds looming in the horizon to whir it's away into the boundary of the city.

He didn't know how Jungkook had transported to this place, nor the location of his house, but knew very well that the latter wasn't in the right state to drive or walk back alone and so he asked-

"Can I take you home, with me?"

The welcoming intimation came out more as a hopeful plea, but Taehyung didn't mind it a least bit.

Jungkook looked up at him in a doubtful query, his doe eyes silently asking if he could really do that. "Home?"

Taehyung blinked at that. It was the first time, knowingly or unknowingly, he had addressed Yoongi's house as 'home'.

Not that he felt unsettled in his place, nor was Yoongi mistreating him, if anything, the elder was being a wonderful friend/ brother that he was--- only, Taehyung always knew that it wasn't exactly where he rightfully belonged.

He was only visiting  Yoongi's house, had no plans on living there forever, and he didn't wish for it either--- he never did and he never would.

"Taehyung?" Jungkook's call came out in a whisper, but enough to pull the other out of his swirling thoughts.

Taehyung smiled gently, his grip on Jungkook's shoulder tightening a tad bit, almost possessively. "The storm is approaching. Let me take you home before it rains down."

Jungkook could only nod while trying his best to keep the tears at bay. His heart was still constricted in pain for his boy while the little one battled with his anxiety, a battle he had to fight on his own, no way but without his dad's help, every single time, and was now slowly succumbing to exhaustion.