09 || Meet (with) the Jackass.

|| Chapter 09: Meet (with) The Jackass ||

Jeon Jungkook, the billionaire CEO, who preferred people calling him just Jungkook more, rolled up the sleeves of his silk black button-up shirt before getting up from his recliner. Quickly combing back his tousled chin-length raven locks, his muscled tall frame walked out of his chamber to attend the meeting that must've started about twenty minutes ago.

His presence wasn't necessary for the meeting for he was very well aware of the matter in hand but the team in charge--- the new team, were going to be briefed about the project for the first time and he wanted to see it for himself that they were sure of what they were going to work on. Though he remembered a particular silver-haired male telling him "I do what I do and I know I'm good at it". 

His lips curved up as a soft smile made its way through the memory. 

Gazing at the empty lobby to his right, he walked down the marbled hallway towards the meeting lounge. As he walked past the gold-plated doors, the elevator dinged and slid open to reveal a bronze-haired Namjoon grinning at his phone. 

"No watching pictures of crabs inside office premises, Joon hyung," Jungkook called out cheekily, making the other snap his head up from the device in his hold.

"Oh, Hey man!" Namjoon quickly walked out of the glass cubicle, shoving the device into his pocket after clicking it off. Though Jungkook would bet he saw the screen flashing Jinnie and a few texts exchanged on the chat page. 

Jungkook stifled a smirk, trying his best to give the other his privacy and resumed his stroll down the hallway.

Namjoon, now walking beside Jungkook, calmly asked "Headed for the meeting?"

"Yeah. Who is chairing the meeting today?" Jungkook questioned back.

"Jackson. Wang," he replied in a low voice, making the ravenette halt in his steps and turn towards him abruptly.

"What?!" 

"The others are all busy with stuff, he was the only person among us who was comparatively free."

"Hyung, he totally sucks at this kind of shit and you know that" Jungkook sighed, "I really hope he's gonna be alive by the time we reach the lounge."

Namjoon shook his head as they resumed their walk, at a more fast pace. "He won't be that bad, will he?"

"His stupid ideology of "scaring the new guys off in the first meet will make them more responsible" needs to be dumped in the trash as soon as possible. That's such a fucked up outdated logic."

Namjoon chuckled. "He still makes it up to them by throwing random parties at the most unexpected times of the month though."

"And that makes him freakier than he already is," Jungkook scoffed.

They turned another corner to reveal a glass door secured by a finger pattern/ ID card security system. 

"I've got this," Namjoon stepped forward before Jungkook could make a move and shoved his office card in front of the scanner letting the laser thingy do its work.

The glass door slid open and they came into view of the small group of around thirty people seated on the couches, a few plonked on bean bags and finally Jackson standing at the front with a grim expression, looking at a tanned girl who seemed to be complaining about something.

Jungkook didn't miss to notice the blob of silver hair peeking above the headrest of the grey couch and the blonde male beside him, as they walked towards the small crowd who shifted in their seats a little, acknowledging his presence.

He's here. Jungkook thought, seeing the male who had invaded his mind not very long ago, in real.

Namjoon let out a small "Oh-oh", which snapped Jungkook's attention to the conversation going on, though they couldn't hear much.

...

"Jackson, you said it might work well if I did it that way. It was your advice!"

 "Well, you followed my advice, so really this is your fault." Jackson shrugged and by what it looked, the conversation seemed to have come to an end. 

"Son of a bitch" Sasha muttered under her breath, scribbling harshly on the notepad lying innocently on her lap.

Jungkook cleared his throat, gaining the attention of the people and the gracious young Sasha gathered in the hazy black lounge lighted up in a warm glow from the modern black chandeliers. Gesturing Jackson to go on, he plopped himself down on a bean bag near the grey couch and quickly gazed at the males seated beside him. 

His lips twitched when he noticed the clenched jaw of Taehyung, narrowed amber eyes darted on Jackson with--- Anger? Annoyance? Incredulity?

He couldn't name the emotion but it was not a pleasing one, that he was sure of and by what he can make out, both Taehyung and Jimin, who was seated beside him, were completely oblivious to his presence as they didn't even bother to mask their emotions like the others had after he had walked in.

Dragging his attention back to the meeting, he heard Jackson announcing the team to chose their partners, who would stick together, working alongside till the end of the project--- to write it down in a post-it note and put it up on the pinboard near the hallway, by the end of the week.

A low murmur swept through the small population which soon came to an abrupt end when Jackson declared the end of the meeting and asked the people to get back to their cabins.

No courtesy for questioning doubts? Nothing?

"Blunt Bastard" Jimin muttered, scratching his eyebrows in frustration.

The group looked over at Jungkook asking for his permission to disperse for which he gave a quick nod and people slowly started filtering out of the hall except for eight individuals who remained seated in their places.

"Never have I ever felt such an urge to run out of a room" Jin mumbled, rubbing his face with his palms. 

 A deep chuckle escaped Jungkook's throat and that finally had Taehyung acknowledge the new person seated very close to him.

Oh? JUNGKOOK?

Jungkook leaned his arms on the armrest of the couch, forearm brushing Taehyung's resting on the soft fabric, though none of them made a move to remove their hands. Honestly, neither of them felt uncomfortable by the small innocent skin-ship nor the proximity.

Jackson let out a deep sigh, stretching his arms and legs, getting himself comfortable on the single-seater.

"Well Jungkook, how do you think the meeting went?" he asked.

Jungkook looked at him with solemn air to give a sincere answer.

 "If looks could kill, then Jackson, you'd have 27- very cruel. deep. stab wounds."

*****

Hey, lovelies!

Jackson, my guy... is not very good at- (complete the sentence).

And Taekook--- remember the slow-burn warning? Yeah, that.

Remember to boop the little star button down there!!

Like, share & comment.

-EuphoricOnyx-