04 || Coffee Date? Nah.

||Chapter 04: Coffee Date? Nah. ||

The coffee machine let out a small beep, the dark liquid dripping in trickles before it emptied its last drop. The ravenette lifted the ceramic mugs with the steaming coffee and carefully handed one to the other male who mumbled a soft "Thank you" as he took it in his hands, fingers lightly brushing the other's.

Jeon Jungkook led the other to a table in the middle of the silent cafe lounge. Taking their seats, the two sat in silence for a couple of minutes quietly sipping the bittersweet drink.  

Every sound seemed louder as there were only a few people, the employee cleaning silently, the sound of typing from the small group working in the far end and hushed conversations of the few ladies taking a break--- fresh gossip service probably. 

Jungkook leaned back in his chair and held his teal painted mug by its gold-painted handle in his hands, taking a look around him- an act that was probably supposed to make Taehyung feel comfortable around the boss, but instead just made him feel self-conscious as the power difference between them seemed way more intimidating than the sharp features of the ravenette.

Calm down, Taehyung. You already have the job. Taehyung tried to calm himself.

That doesn't guaranty a shit. He can still fire you. His mindvoice shot back at him.

Taehyung sighed mentally. He can't mess up, he needed the job, and this could go smooth if he could control his mouth from running wild like it did usually. But that didn't stop his mind from dwelling on certain mysterious facts revolving around him bagging this job without much difficulty, than he had expected.

"Mr Kim Taehyung?" The deep husky voice brought Taehyung back to reality and the son of one of the richest men in South Korea seated a few metres away from him.

"Yes, Mr Jeon?" 

"Hmm... first we will have to correct this," Jungkook said.

Did I mess up already? 

"Just like its ambience, this is a friendly workspace and despite the age differences, we wish people can still be comfortable around each other, which, given by the conservative norms of our country, can be a bit of a hassle" Jungkook paused to see if the other was following and seeing Taehyung listening attentively, he continued "So, here within the office chambers we call each other using our first names or our Christian names"

"Nice" Taehyung smiled.

"It is. Don't personally like people whom I'm bound to meet every day calling me 'Mr Jeon' or 'Mr Jungkook', makes me feel the creeps. So, what would you prefer? 'you have a Christian name?"

"No, I'm an atheist... Taehyung is fine with me, people call me that"

"Alright. Taehyung" Jungkook gave a quick nod. "I won't ask you why you chose Jeon Corp., because honestly, I don't care, you can state the reasons but... now that you are here, as the CEO of this company and you being assigned as the head of the new design team, I do expect your utmost dedication and the maximum working capacity of your sexy brain"