16 || The Vivid Silence

|| Chapter 16: The Vivid Silence ||

*****

"Hansol is not abnormal," Jungkook said, almost growled, all of a sudden, breaking the vivid silence despite the loud patters of the rain against the windows.

A bright flash of lightning reflected off the glass windows, followed closely by the deep rumble of thunder, adding effect to the melancholic atmosphere.

Taehyung eyes went wide at the sudden outburst and was quick to defend. "I never said he is one."

Jungkook swallowed dryly before wetting his lips. "Hannie has anxiety, he gets sensitive... like very sensitive... of certain things and gets provoked easily if things go even a little wrong, he assumes it to be his mistake no matter what it is, big or small... he- he just feels guilty and the emotion overwhelms him... to the point that he could inflict pain to himself or fall prey to panic attacks... Panic attacks- they are the worst, he-... it pains to see him suffer... I can't even help him, from his emotions... his feelings- he has them well-hidden... it's hard, I- "

He stopped and gazed up at Taehyung only to look down again, fingers playing with the rings on his fingers and cheeks burning red. "I'm sorry I'm rambling."

He was rambling, yes, but Taehyung was willing to hear them out. He was paying attention, even to the gap- the gap between two thoughts, the brief silent space between words in the conversation, the way the dark luminescent eyes focused and blanked with his silvery voice rising and falling an octave above and deeper, along the ramble of words leaving those rosy lips, the waltz of emotions that was dancing before him in the ravenette's handsome features--- he was paying attention to them all.

Taehyung smiled softly, eyeing the male who had gone from an emotional mess to all shy in an instant. "You can keep going. I'm here to listen."

Another silence fell over the two until it was broken by a whisper, so soft it could've easily been missed.

"Thank you." Jungkook looked up at the other, his heartbeat taking a little skip when he found the other already staring at him.

"I'm grateful for what you did today, Taehyung. For me, and Hannie."

Taehyung shook his head in denial. "I didn't do much, Jungkook. Anyone at my position would've done that."

Jungkook kept his gaze fixed on the silver male before him. 

Would they really, Taehyung?

"No."

Taehyung hummed in question, "Hmm?"

"Even my sister didn't," Jungkook said in a monotone.

Taehyung looked at him with a blank stare. "Hmm?"