12 || Dilemma At Wit's End

|| Chapter 12: Dilemma At Wit's End  ||

➖

The city air was fresh that evening, almost sweet and floral as the pace of living relaxed to a steadier rhythm. 

The shopping mall was the same temperature inside no matter what the season was. The light was the same, the scent, the polished floor, professional shopping guides smiling at every entrance, always ready for more business and the lively buzz of the relaxed shoppers. Only the lucid city music and the fashions change.

But Taehyung would never complain, never. He liked it--- the liveliness, the mix of fragrances drifting from the variance of duty-paid shops, the spiff and polish of chrome and glass windows in the overpriced shops. 

Strolling down the marbled lobby, melting in the pleasure of the ambience, had he found his childhood friends Yoongi and Jinyoung, a very new friend Jimin and his baby girl cradled in Jinyoung's arms, standing outside a posh restaurant.

Ten minutes later, after contemplating what to order, he and Nabi were seated in a reserved booth of the classy restaurant with a very quiet, red-faced Jimin. Though Taehyung had been quick to notice the intertwined fingers of Yoongi and Jimin while he had walked towards them, he had chosen to remain silent for the meantime. But taking in the current state of Jimin, Taehyung was genuinely concerned and so he volunteered to lighten the other's mood before the other two, Yoongi and Jinyoung, returned with their food.

Clearing his throat, Taehyung tilted his head at the male sitting beside him, a naughty smile playing on his plush lips.

"Did you use ketch-up for makeup?"

"What?" Jimin stared back incredulously, hands flying to his cheeks, cupping the soft flesh and squishing it in the progress, he now asked a little self-conscious, "Why?!"

So much for lightening up the mood.

Taehyung leaned down with a solemn smile, softly patting his gold locks. "I almost mistook you for a human incarnation of ripe tomato--- that too with a wild blonde wig, you see?"

"I sheee," Nabi said distractedly, playing with the toothpick she had grabbed from the stack on the table.

She was putting all the knowledge she had learnt during the weekly how-to-converse-with-humans sessions with her dad to full use and successfully smashing Jimin's what little of self-esteem that was left. 

Taehyung bit down on his lips hard to not let the laugh slip out but Jimin's face was making it hard to not react.

If Jimin had looked like a chick pulled out of a ketch-up tin earlier, then now he looked like a seasoned grill chicken. Totally roasted.