07 || Confab At Zero 'O Clock

|| Chapter 07: Confab At Zero 'O Clock  ||

Taehyung smiled down at Nabi when she shuffled in her sleep, hands fisting the front of his shirt habitually.

Pressing a soft kiss on her forehead, he laid Nabi down beside him and slid under the duvet, not detaching her grip on him. After rambling excitedly about her very first friend she had made in Seoul, throughout the dinner and dressing up for the night, she had fallen asleep still clinging on to him while Taehyung was checking emails on his Macbook.

Settling himself down, with Nabi's head cushioned on his arm, he scrolled through the internet reading articles about his new company and the projects they had undertaken and were still in progress. Their accomplishments were one to mention and Taehyung, who was quite aware of the successful ventures of the young billionaire CEO of Jeon Corp. as quoted by the magazines, was now downright filled with fascination, staring at the screen in awe--- totally unaware of the gentle pair of eyes watching him from the doorway.

Chuckling a little, Yoongi softly knocked on the open door and called out "Taehyung-ah..."

Taehyung snapped his head towards the elder, eyes wide and pushing himself up into a half-sitting position. "Ah, hyung... have you been waiting for long?"  

"No no, just now-... Uhm... just wanted to check in if you needed anything" he scratched his nape, eyes roaming at the sleeping figure beside Taehyung. "You must be tired, go to sleep."

Taehyung smiled at the elder "I'm too much excited, I guess, hyung. Not feeling a bit sleepy despite driving all the way here from Daegu."

Yoongi swept his tongue over his lips quickly. "Then, do you want to grab a late-night snack and maybe... talk? A quick confab, Shall we?" he asked.

"Can we?" Taehyung asked excitedly. 

 Yoongi smiled and jerked his head towards the living room, gesturing him to follow as he walked back into the house.

A small happy chuckle escaped Taehyung's lips as he closed his Macbook and placed it in the nightstand beside the bed. Gently unclasping Nabi's fingers, he tip-toed out of the room leaving the door ajar, in case Nabi searched for him in her sleep.

Padding into the cosy open living room-kitchen, he saw Yoongi rummaging through the refrigerator, head almost inside the freezer box. Laughing quietly to himself, he walked around the couch and settled himself on one of the kitchen- stools lining the kitchen island.

"Need help, hyung?"

"Nope" Yoongi turned back with one hand holding a huge ice-cream bar and the other holding a package of strawberries "Will do?" he asked in query while Taehyung's eyes sparkled at the frozen desserts cradled in his arms.