05 || Feud with the Rangers

|| Chapter 05: Feud with the Power Rangers||

"Hannie bunny, come down big boy. It will get dark soon, we should get going~! " Jungkook sang loudly from the bottom of the stairs.

"COMING APPA!!" The high pitched baby squeal resounded in the empty mansion making Jungkook pull a funny face.

Glancing at his watch, he walked over to the kitchen and grabbed the packed sandwiches and smoothies, which he had prepared for a quick picnic treat. Packing them in Hansol's backpack, he walked back to the stairs.

Before he could call out again, the light thuds and the padded footsteps reached his eardrum. Waiting for his little one to reach the bottom, he pulled open the child gate at the bottom of the stairs.

A tiny figure of not more than 3 ft. clad in denim trousers and a white shirt with two tiny dog paws embroidered on the side, carefully hobbled down, landing one step at a time. As soon as, he got down from the last stair, Hansol scurried towards his dad and pressed himself against Jungkook, hugging his legs.

Crouching down to his level, Jungkook pressed a soft kiss on his head. Hansol's coral blue eyes gleamed as he cupped his father's cheeks.

"Good evening, daddy" He leaned forward and quickly pecked his dad's lips.

Jungkook smiled fondly at his son."Good evening, Hannie"

"What is that thing, daddy?" Hansol's eyes drifted to the quarter-size piece of fabric with two loops on either side attached to it, dangling from Jungkook's fingers.

Jungkook lifted it in the air, holding it ceremoniously with a mischievous grin plastered on his porcelain face "This my son, is the magnanimous Olympian Lethe's latest launched merch in his brand -sorcery of concealment " he ended with a finishing nod.

Hansol small face scrunched up in a frown with a judging stare pointed at his father.

"Is that a mask, appa?" He asked nonchalantly.

Jungkook's lips twitched into a smile. Clearing his throat subtly, he untangled it from his fingers and handed it to the little one, who ran his fingers sceptically over the queer fabric.

Of course, a four-year-old wouldn't understand a single term of what he just said but he loved to confuse his baby boy who seemed too wise for his age, at times. A harmless entertainment.

"That's one simple way to call it, I guess"

"Why should we wear it, daddy? I- I... don't get it" Hansol's frown deepened.

Jungkook ruffled the silky raven locks framing his rosy face "We're supposed to wear masks in public, Hannie"

"Power Rwangers masks?" Hansol's face lighted up.

"No, masks that stop germs" Jungkook chuckled.

"Power wangers can stop everything, papa" Hansol giggled lightly hitting his chest.

Jungkook shook his head in defeat, lifting the boy in his arms, who immediately flung his arms around his neck, and started walking towards the door.

He could never understand his son's sudden admiration for the old TV show with those perky teenagers clad in bright freakish suits and arse-long introductory dialogues.

Too much action and weapon stuff seemed a little overboard and Jungkook would be grateful if Hansol soon dropped his new interest just like he had done with Dory's shark language.

The day after watching the 'Finding Nemo', Hansol had taken fancy in the infamous shark language of the bluefish Miss. Dory and had tried speaking it for a whole week, his already broken language making it sound more weird and indecipherable, none of it helping Jungkook understand what his big boy was saying or at least trying to say.

Ultimately, he had dropped the act since his tiny little mouth began to ache from all the wide "BAbOaaa" and "I LoBe YOuuUuUuu" workouts it had been forced into lately.

"Hannie, why don't we just stick to paw patrol and Trolls? They are more suitable for your age"

Hansol leaned back in his hold and peered into Jungkook's eyes intently to see if he had made his daddy mad, "I like Paw patrol papa... and twolls too" he quickly added, "but I really like Power wangers." Jungkook let out a small sigh.

Hansol let go of the mask at that and cupped his dad's face making the ravenette snap his attention back to his kid.

"Are you mad at me, daddy?"

Jungkook noticed how Hansol's normal baby blue eyes now glistened a shade too dark and the slight tint of fear layering his veil of tears.

Anxiety.

Hansol was a smart kid and very active but also got anxious easily, which made him very sensitive than what others would normally feel.

He quickly pecked his cheeks and gave a reassuring smile "No, bunny. Daddy is not mad at you, he was just asking. It's fine"

Hansol pressed his head against his dad's shoulder, seeking comfort for which Jungkook quickly responded by embracing him in his hold, swaying him lightly in the air and felt Hansol visibly relaxing in his hold.

"I like them too daddy, but... Power wangers are so cool !"

Jungkook raised his eyebrows in surprise at the fancy word tumbling out of the four-year-old, nevertheless, he nodded with a small smile.

Well, these days kids seemed more educated than the adults in stuff which were not necessarily appropriate for their age. Nevermind.

Chuckling to himself, Jungkook helped his son to wear the peach coloured mask. Putting Hansol down on his feet gently, he stood up, wearing his own mask and checked one last time if the door was locked securely.

Hansol's big doe eyes followed his movements and as soon as his arms were back from the door-knob and dangled by his side, he quickly slid his small pudgy hands inside his father's who gripped it softly as they started walking towards the garage.

"And Jiminie Uncle says I can also bwecome Power wangers one day!... I want to become power wangers too appa.. the red one!"

Jungkook exhaled a deep breath arching his head back in mild frustration.

Now he knew where all the fancy words and ridiculous TV show interests were popping in from. Very nice.

Jimin. That crazy fanatic ass.

He wanted to say to his son that his uncle wasn't right in his mind, but constrained himself from doing so. He would smack the Uncle's ass himself for influencing such ridicules to his kid.

Once they started their drive to Central Park, Jungkook turned on the radio, letting the music flow through the speakers with him singing along to it and Hansol giggling most of the time or singing in broken Korean.

*****

What do you think about Hansol?
Jungkook as a dad?

And Jimin?
He's a fun character... I can't wait to write more of him!

Click that little star button sweeties!!

Vote, share & comment!

-EuphoricOnyx-