10 || Math Genius is a sidekick?

|| Chapter 10: Math Genius Is A Sidekick?||

"Jimin-ah, tell me one thing I don't know about you," Hoseok asked, taking the coffee mugs out of the cabinets.

Jimin pressed his plum lips in a thin-line, thinking for a second before blurting out "I'm incredibly fast at math."

Hoseok raised his eyebrows in interest. "Alright, what's 30 x 17?"

"47"

"That's not even close- "

"But it was fast" Jimin shrugged, a naughty smile dancing on his lips while Jin laughed nearly pouring the boiling water all over himself and Hoseok, who had his eyes narrowed though he couldn't contain his smile.

Namjoon sighed nonchalantly, tapping his slender fingers in a random rhythm on the countertop, waiting for his dose of caffeine as they all stood distributed in the office pantry while Jin and Hoseok made their coffee. Jungkook had left with Jackson to the latter's cabin, to exchange a few words, they had said.

Cracking his knuckles slowly, he turned around to see Taehyung squinting at the tendrils of one of the huge potted grape ivies hanging down from the high ceiling. They had introduced themselves earlier and both had found each other friendly, which helped them ease into a conversation without prior awkwardness between the new colleagues.

"What are you thinking?" Namjoon enquired, leaning back on the small kitchen island.

"That I'd like to kick that Jackass in the balls," Taehyung said with a straight face, causing Jin and Jimin to snigger.

Jimin would've hugged him if not for the 6 ft. tall man standing between them, nearly objecting to his vision.

"He's not half as bad as he seems to be. He's just going through a phase, he's like that at the beginning" Namjoon said with a smile.

Taehyung nodded. "Can't complain since this is my first day and yet to know the drill-," he quickly leaned forward to get his cup of cocoa milk that Jin extended to him.

"Thanks, hyung." Jin waved him off, handing over the freshly brewed coffee to Namjoon.

"You'll get used to him, he's a good guy... really."

"Still, I better get back to my desk. Next time I might chase him and smack his head.. hard. Boss or not." Taehyung cupped the warm mug with both his hands and walked off, throwing one last death glare at the big wooden doors guarding Jack-ass-son 's office.

"I like this kid" Namjoon chuckled looking over at Jin, who nodded.

"Who doesn't? The more you get to know him, the more fond you become" Jimin smiled.