17 || The Toast Talk

||Chapter 17: The Toast Talk ||

Ker-chunk!

Jungkook turned around to see the toaster pop up the golden-brown bread. Moving away from the stove that had milk getting reheated on it, he went on to grab the toast and started spreading Nutella on it to make the fifth sandwich of the day, humming lowly to himself.

A low rumble of thunder had him walk towards the french window-slash door that led to the backyard from the kitchen. He let out a sigh, looking at the sky that was now a slate of ash blue. The storm had reduced to a drizzle and the temperature had dropped down a good few degrees.

"Appa..."

Jungkook smiled at the sleepy little boy standing at the bottom of the stairs in his minions' pyjamas into which he had changed Hansol before getting him into his bed. Hair spreading out in every direction, pink puffy face and one small fist trying to rub the sleep off his eyes--- Hansol was looking adorable as he slowly stumbled his way towards him.

Raising his little fisted hands in the air for a lift-up to his seat, Hansol waited till Jungkook came over to pick him up.

"Need an upsie, bunny boy?"

Hansol nodded his baby head and did a little jump to make Jungkook lift him sooner. The latter lifted the boy up and bent down on the stool, placing him on his seat, but Hansol had his arms circled around Jungkook's neck, not letting him go.

"We've already landed on our seat, sir. You may let me go," Jungkook mimicked the tone of a captain.

"Hannie want to fwy with baba little mowe..."

Jungkook chuckled at his sleepy excuse and straightened up with Hansol still in his arms, dangling from his neck.

"Hannie's Koala mode activated," Jungkook announced.

"A- tee-vated" Hansol repeated after him, legs circling his torso and arms tightening around his neck, making him chuckle at his son's antics.

"Hungry, bunny?" Jungkook asked, walking over to the other side of the kitchen island, with Hansol clinging on to him.

Hansol remained silent for a second or two before asking sneakily, "Can I have two sandwiches, daddy?"

"Of course, Nutella?" Jungkook questioned though he knew that it was Hansol's favourite, next to chicken sandwiches, and already had them prepared.

Hansol smiled sweetly. "With stawbewies?"

Jungkook grinned, "With warm chocolate milk for bunny?"

"And bitta-bitta coffee for daddy!" Hansol cheered, flashing his toothy smile and doe eyes sparkling, exactly mirroring that of his dad's.

"Oh c'mon, daddy's coffee is not that bitter," Jungkook groaned while Hansol gagged in his hold.