14 || Candied Storm

|| Chapter 14: Candied Storm ||

*****

Jungkook could see his son's eyes changing shade, his heartbeat fastening irregularly every second, the quick puffs of breath escaping his small pouty lips--- he could sense Hansol's upcoming point of breakdown, and that scared him.

Not another panic attack, not another breakdown, not the pain of seeing his son going through his anxiety again--- it hurt.

Jungkook got down on his knees quickly, hands taking a grip on Hansol's shoulders, firm yet gentle, eyes exploring his features to pick up the tiniest details of emotions edged on the small pale face, and there he could see--- the wretched grip of fear in those innocent blue eyes shielded behind the grey veil of tears. 

"Hannie, baby, it's fine." He raised Hansol's face by locking his fingers under his chin, but Hansol refused to meet his eyes, shaking his head in denial. "Bunny, look at appa... I'm right here with you."

"There's no need to cry, I'm right here," He wiped away the tears from the wet rosy face, only for a new teardrop to roll down its way. Hansol pushed himself into Jungkook's embrace, nestling his face deep into the crook of his dad's neck, struggling when Jungkook tried to separate him to look at his face.

"Hannie, look at me... look at your papa," Jungkook called out in a gentle tone holding firmness and moved a bit back observing Hansol's state, not detaching himself completely. If Hansol was going to keep being unresponsive, he would soon give way to a panic attack and Jungkook feared it the most. 

Hansol choked out a sob struggling to breathe, eyes unfocused staring at the empty froyo cup at his feet and another teardrop escaped the misty eyes with him collapsing in Jungkook's arms, unable to stand on his trembling legs--- the atmosphere of the store becoming too much for him to handle.

Jungkook was quick to catch Hansol and dashed out of the small shop, understanding what was going on inside the little head--- Hansol was going on a guilt-trip, his anxiety-provoking panic attack for he was unsure of what to do and the air in the shop was stifling him. 

Once outside in the fresh air, he crouched down in the small grass lawn in front of the shop, with Hansol still in his arms, eyes squeezed shut and chest rising and falling in uneven intervals. 

"Baby, try and take a deep breath for me? Deep breathe for daddy, please?" Jungkook asked in a silent plea, not sure if Hansol was still with him or had entered his head-space which he would if things became too unbearable. Hansol jerked in his hold when a wave of shock coursed through him.

Please stay with me, baby. For me, Hannie.

"You're fine baby. Do it with appa, okay? In... Out... " Jungkook instructed, guiding him to repeat the exercise with him.