39

Jason

   When Jason awoke around midday, he was surprised to find that the space beside him wasn't empty like he thought it would be. Instead, a mop of dishevelled yellowish-brown hair peeked out from underneath the thick comforters that covered him. 

   No words were exchanged between the two earlier in the morning when they'd finished what they had done and so Jason had simply got up to brush his teeth, returned to bed, turned on his side with his back toward Kaden, and went to sleep. He didn't know if Kaden had decided to stay, or if he was too spent to leave, but he decided he didn't care either way. 

   Jason escaped the mess of covers on the bed and stretched his arms above his head. He strolled into the adjoining bathroom and started his morning routine, starting with a cold shower to startle the remaining sleep out of him. 

   Twenty minutes later he emerged from the ensuite, a towel wrapped around his waist and feeling refreshed. His mind felt peacefully blank, void of the thoughts and feelings that plagued him earlier. 

     That was until he saw Kaden, wide awake and somewhat alert. 

   He was slouched against the headboard with his head held down, his overgrown hair framing his face and his blue eyes glossing lazily over the screen of his phone. Jason tried not to look at him for too long; a challenging feat when his t-shirt, stretched and torn from their activities, hung slightly off his shoulder and gave way to the sight of multiple red and purple hickeys that decorated his chest and collarbone. 

   As if sensing Jason's gaze on him, the blond boy looked up from his phone and the two made eye contact. An endearingly lazy smile made its way onto his face, "Hey."

  Why was he still here?

  "Hey," Jason muttered in response, turning away to look through the drawers for something to wear. When he found something, he dropped his towel and started to get dressed because it wasn't like Kaden hadn't already seen all of him last night. 

   "So," Kaden started. A light blush coated the tips of his ears and cheeks and Jason admitted to himself that he liked when he did that, "We should probably talk."

  "About what?"