11

Kaden felt relieved now that a few days were gone and the discomfort in his ankle started to lessen. He was used to his cast and so navigating his way around his room and bathroom was easier. 

   Today was his first day back to in-person classes and he didn't know how to feel about it. On one hand, he was happy to be back out and about instead of being locked up with his depression. On the other, he really didn't want to do anything including walking to classes. 

  Kaden slipped on his red hoodie and ran his hands through his blond hair as he looked in the bathroom mirror. He let out a sigh as he turned around to walk away, no longer able to withstand his brain subconsciously picking at the things he hated about himself. Before he could fully turn his eyes caught the reflection of his roommate.

 Jason waited patiently for him by his own bed, his way of silently offering to walk with Kaden. His head was bent down and his strong jawline ticked ever so slightly in concentration as he fiddled with his knife. His slightly shaggy hair was perfect with barely any effort- jet black and shiny. 

   Kaden looked back at his own hair. It was dirty blonde, wavy and somewhat overgrown. He needed a haircut soon. 

 Enough with the comparisons, he would be late if he didn't leave now. It normally took him five minutes to walk from his dorm room to his psychology class but now it would take him around ten. He left the bathroom and grabbed his textbook and laptop that lay on his bed and then put them inside of his bag, giving a quick nod to Jason that he was ready. 

   The other boy stood promptly, walking in his usually relaxed pace towards the door and opened it for the both of them.