3

"You're noisier than usual," Kaden joked with a grin as his roommate walked into their dorm close to midnight, waking him from his slumber. 

   Jason didn't acknowledge him, only glanced briefly at Kaden's cast as he walked over to his own bed. He flopped himself down and from his leather jacket, he pulled out a switchblade and began to fiddle with it. 

  The two had been friends from high school and Jason's lack of response was nothing new to Kaden. While he was known for his boisterous personality and soccer prowess, Jason was known for his silent, intimidating personality and his infamous love of small knives despite campus rules. 

  "You may be wondering what happened," the blond boy sat up in bed, prepared to annoy his roommate like he normally did. "This douche from A.L.U decided it would be fun to try to steal the ball from me by knocking me to the ground- which isn't allowed- and stepping on my ankle. It hurt like a bitch because he was huge, like almost huger than you and you're big."

  Kaden observed as the other boy's eyes narrowed at his knife. He knew that if he was closer to Jason, or not injured, he would already be caught in a chokehold, but there was a certain thrill that came with pushing his buttons. 

  "So now my ankle is broken and I can't play for almost three months and I can't even walk around as much which completely sucks," the blond boy groaned in annoyance before perking up once more. "Looks like I'll have to invite my girls here to hookup instead since I can't go to them. But that won't be a problem, right? You're so silent they won't even notice you... or maybe they will and they'll find it hot. We won't know 'til we try."

   Kaden jumped as the sound of a thud next to his ear occurred as soon as his sentence ended. He looked to see what object was thrown at him this time, not surprised to see a knife sticking out from the wall close to his head. 

  He scoffed playfully, knowing fully well that Jason had a razor-sharp aim and if he wanted to hurt him, he would. 

  "Three words, Long. Anger. Management," Kaden fluffed his pillow while he spoke, getting ready to go to back to sleep. "And lastly: Goodnight."