1

P     A     R     T         O     N     E

  A piercing whistle was the only thing that Kaden Aldridge could hear. He didn't need to look at the referee to know that the player standing above him was given a red card. 

  He gritted his teeth and black dots spotted his vision as he tried his best to breathe through the pain the way his coach instructed him to. 

   "I'm so sorry, man," the red-head above him apologised profusely, seemingly ignorant to the fact that Kaden couldn't understand anything he said. 

  He normally had a high pain tolerance so he knew that, since he was close to fainting, the pain he was enduring was excruciating. 

  This was definitely going to impact his soccer career. At least for the time being. He knew he would recover- he had to. But if he didn't, he always had his psychology major going for him. 

  It was quite ironic him doing psychology, but Kaden lived for two things: making people feel better and soccer. 

   The medical aids seemed to take forever to bring the stretcher they needed to take Kaden to the ambulance. They were careful not to touch his ankle as they lifted him on, which he was grateful for but couldn't find the strength to thank them. 

 As they wheeled him away to the large red vehicle all Kaden could do was replay the occurrence of the last few minutes in his head with a heavy heart. It was the first game of the season and also the first that his father had ever come to watch.