𝙭𝙞. she's gone

PART ELEVENSHE'S GONE

PART ELEVEN
SHE'S GONE

"SHE'S GONE." Melissa told Derek, who strode through the hospital, shoving past everyone as the McCall woman followed behind him. As soon as Scott had called him to tell the Hale man that his cousin was dead, he had drove back to Beacon Hills immediately, seeing as he wasn't too far away.

"What do you mean, she's gone? It's Aurora, she can't be gone!" He spat, storming through each hall and bursting every door open looking for her hospital room. Truth was, Derek knew very well that his little cousin, who he raised and cared for, was dead— he just didn't want to believe it.

"It was a Supermoon, her friend had lost control and killed her." She explained, not wanting to tell him it was Liam, knowing he'd go on a search for the boy without the entire story. "What- and she didn't fight back? Yeah, right. She's more powerful than any of us combined, she couldn't be killed by a beta."

"She sacrificed herself, Derek! He was trying to kill Scott, and she knew if he killed her first then he might have a shot at survival!" Melissa explained, a little louder to get her point across which caused the Hale man to stop in his tracks.

"She sac- she sacrificed herself? That's called killing yourself, Melissa, and she's stronger than that."

"Mentally?"

"What?"

"That girl is strong, freakishly strong, but she's been through hell and back, Derek. It's practically a constant torture for her every single day. Maybe she just wanted an end to it?" Melissa theoried, knowing that the teenage girl threw her entire life away to save her friend, her alpha.

"No, that's not it." He grumbled, turning his back and walking away again, knowing it was exactly that.

"Derek-," Melissa pulled his back, though he shoved her off of him in frustration, causing a few nurses to look around at them.

"No, Melissa- I'm not gonna stand here and listen to you feed me this suicidal bullshit! Aurora never wanted to die, she was just stupid enough to protect her friends, and now she's gone down the exact same road Allison had!" Derek hissed, and the McCall woman closed her eyes, knowing that he wouldn't listen to her.

"Room 214, you can say your goodbyes but she'll only be there for a while." Melissa told him, and the man nodded before practically running through the hospital and disappearing into the distant crowd of nurses and patients before he had finally reached the room his cousin's dead body was inside. Stiles and Scott were sat on two chairs, watching the lifeless girl in grief.