𝙭𝙫𝙞. the black mist

PART SIXTEENTHE BLACK MIST

PART SIXTEEN
THE BLACK MIST

Aurora and Theo stood around the injured Chimera's in disbelief, their broken faces staring back at them. Deucalion sat against the wall, his eyes blind again since the last time Rory had saw him. "All this to take down one blind werewolf." Theo spat, his pack not saying anything in shame.

"Recently re-blinded. Unfortunately, the healing of my eyes by a dark druid proved only temporary. A parting gift for my time with Scott McCall. Friend of yours?" Deucalion said, and Aurora narrowed her eyes in his direction in suspicion.

"We're working through some issues."

"Ah. But he's a friend of Aurora here— isn't he?" The man spoke again.

"You could say we had some history." Aurora replied bluntly, not saying too much in suspicion. "He knows why he's here. He knows about the beast." Tracy explained, Theo raising his brows.

"Hmmm. The Beast of Gevaudan. History's most vicious, most famous werewolf. And you think I'm going to show you how to steal it's power?" Deucalion beamed, and Theo crouched down infront of him. "I think you're open to negotiation. All you have to do is tell me what you want."

"I want his eyes, on the tips of my claws," He growled, raising his hand as his talons grew from his fingertips. "I want the eyes of Scott McCall."

...

Aurora sat up against a shelf in the library, glancing at Theo who read through a book every few seconds. Truth is, she had no idea what was going on with them. They both felt the same way, but it was much more complicated than that. She knew her and Theo wouldn't work out in the long run, but for now— it was them, just the two of them.

"Would you mind staring at me? It's creepy." He joked, not sparing her a glance as she scoffed.

"I wasn't staring at you, just observing."

"Observing what?"

"Doesn't matter." She replied bluntly, and the boy chuckled from where he stood, blue hues prying away from the book and laying on her hazel ones as she looked up at him through her lashes.

"Okay, now you're staring." She jeered, glancing away. She looked upwards again, a hand held out in front of her, she smiled, gripping ahold of it and standing up, though due to Theo's force— the two were standing a little closer than they should've. The Raeken boy looked down at the brunette, towering over her as she raised a brow.