𝙭𝙞𝙞. yellow eyes

PART TWELVEYELLOW EYES

PART TWELVE
YELLOW EYES

Liam watched Derek exit the hospital, fingers tugging at his hair in frustration as he entered his car, and all the boy felt was guilt. He was hidden behind a police car with Mason, the two waiting for Valerie to show up so they could tell her about her sister's death— though plans had changed when Liam leant against the vehicle, head in his hands as his breathing quickened, and the memories of murdering his bestfriend had came straight back to him..

"I killed her, I killed- I- she's dead because of me. I don't-," He spluttered, the image of Aurora's slashed body, telling him to leave her there scarring his mind, and he regretted every part of running away— but that's all he could do, run.

"Liam, no. It was the supermoon, and Theo put it in your head." Mason tried to assure him, which hadn't worked as tears began to brim the werewolf's eyes which he struggled to blink away.

"It was, Mason! Theo told me to kill Scott, not her! And now- Scott, Scott's already gonna hate me, now i've killed her- oh my god, I've murdered her." He uttered, hyperventilating as Mason struggled to think of something that could calm him down.

"Liam- Liam! Look at me with your eyes!" He ordered, the beta furrowing his brows as he glanced at the human boy.

"What? I am!" He argued, looking at Derek who slammed his fist against his wheel, head tilting upwards as he prevented the formed tears to roll down his cheeks.

"No, your other eyes, Liam. Your werewolf eyes." Mason corrected him, and hesitantly, Liam blinked, opening them up a few seconds later, the illuminated gold still covered his iris', which made the two of them confused.

"They're yellow?"

"What?"

"I thought when you take an innocent person's life, they turn blue. But they're still yellow, Liam!" Mason beamed curiously, and the Dunbar boy furrowed his brows, breathing slowing down a little and his heart steadying again.

"But I killed Aurora, I mean- you saw her dead body!"

"Unless Aurora isn't innocent." Mason theoried, the two boys looking up from their thoughts as they both realised the same thing, staring at eachother in shock.

"Or she isn't dead." Liam mumbled before standing up and talking ahold of Mason's wrist, running into the hospital as they dodged through nurses and patients before throwing themselves into Aurora's room, an empty bed was all that was left and wires that looked as if they had been torn out of her scattered across the room.