Chapter 7

I was now dressed in a sports bra and some running shorts. Me and Steve were gonna do that race. The team was here wanting to watch and putting down bets. I wasn't paying attention to those bets either. I was stretching, I had this. All I had to do was 5 minutes at his pace of running. No body was at the park which was good, I could see perfectly fine too. It wasn't that dark but it was cool out.

"Ok is everyone ready?" Tony said, me and Steve went over and got into position. We both would start off slow and he would speed up before we have gotten one circle back around we would be running at his pace. So we would be getting faster and faster. "GOOO!!!" Tony yelled. Me and Steve started in a fast jog and he kept getting faster but I kept pace with him.

By the time we did one lap, I could feel my legs burning, Steve looked perfectly fine while I was breathing slightly heavier. I could hear my friends cheering me on. Before we did a second lap he was faster, he made it 2 feet in front of me, but I was next to him within 30 seconds. "Good job." He said looking down at me, he was now slightly out of breath.

"Can you go faster?" "Be my guest." I said as we did our 3rd lap. He sped up and I was right next to him. "3 minutes!" Clint yelled. I was now out of breath but I wasn't slowing down. He looked down at me with a smirk, "Wanna stop?" I shake my head. He smiles and speeds up again. It took me a few seconds to catch up. He was now going faster and faster as we ran along. Soon before I knew it we only had a minute.

I felt like I was about to pass up, my legs were hurting so bad that if I thought about it, it would make me tear up. But I wanted to prove to myself, and me that I was strong, I was a strong woman. I was independent and I was stubborn. I sped up ahead of him which made him surprised but he caught up easily.

I was ahead of him by 4 inches. He was sweating and so was I, I was soaked in sweat. "30 seconds!" Tony yelled. I smirked at Steve, I could do a lap in 30 seconds. I sped up as fast as I could, I looked behind me and saw Steve a few feet back, but he was catching up, knowing I was racing him. I ran as fast as I could. I passed Tony right when he said It was over. I collapsed on the cold, cool grass. Natasha ran over and handed me an opened water bottle.

I rolled onto my back holding my head up. She got the gist and brought the bottles to my lips, I finished it in seconds. I then laid back down as my legs went limp. "I can't feel my legs." I said so everyone looked at me. "Hey Steve?" I asked, I moved my head up and saw he was leaning on a tree a few feet from where I was. I crawled to the tree next to him, "Where's that 20 bucks?" He laughs at me taking a sip of his water.

"In my room." "It better be." He chuckles again. Tony came over with another cold water bottle. "Your stubborn." He puts the water bottle to my mouth and I drink half of that. "We're Starks, that's our job." He laughs at me. "You did great." "Yeah you beat Steve, I have always wanted to see the day. Now I can die knowing someone is faster then him." Clint falls on the ground next to me being dramatic.

I burst out laughing, to the point where tears were streaming down my face and I couldn't breath. "Your a drama queen." He looks at me, "King." "Queen." "Hey the only king here is me." Thor said. I shake my head. "Dammit Steve I lost 100 bucks." Bruce said. I laughed at him as I looked at Steve, he was already looking at me, then he glances at Bruce with a shrug and smile. "I'm tired, someone help me up." I say.

Clint gets up and holds out his hand. I take it and he pulls me up. When I stood up I almost fall, he catches me. "I don't think I can walk." I say stating the obvious. "It's ok, you weigh like 80 pounds." I scoff offended, "100." He looks at me and scoops me up in his arms making me squeal and hang on. He laughs at me. "Hey, that's my sister." Tony said, Clint rolled his eyes. I saw Thor helping Steve up, then helping him walk.