Chapter 18

I wake up to the spot next to me cold. I turn around and see Steve gone. I sit up pulling his shirt back in that was on the counter. When I do the door opens and in he comes with breakfast. I smile as he sets it on my lap. He sits next to me and then she tv on. The news was on of course be was about to change it before I stopped him.

And now the latest on Tony Stark's little sister Talia. She is the girl who can control all elements of Nature, Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Space. Yesterday we saw her helping civilians find their loved ones, helped build roads back, saved people from buildings that were trapped and just greeted a few people. Everyone is calling her Elementiss, she is also dating our one and only Captain America AKA Steve Rogers.

Now news on how rebuilding the city is going...

I change the channel to Netflix putting on a comedy movie. We both eat the breakfast while we watch. We don't come out if the room until noon when lunch was ready. I change into a shirt with leggings, Steve puts on some jeans and a shirt. Then we head out, him with the tray of dishes. We head into the kitchen to see our friends there. We sit down and start eating. "Have you seen-" "The news, yes and to be honest the name isn't that bad." Tony nods. "So the world knows I have powers and that I am daring Captain America great." I look at Steve, "It's not you it's my powers I don't like." He smiles, "I know."

"What's so bad about that?" Bruce said, "Our father always said to never reveal my powers because I'd be hunted for them. I mean he's not wrong. But I've always stuck to that and now that I haven't I just feel-" I shrug, "I don't know." "That you let him down?" Tony said I nod, "In a way yeah but I know it was for the better which makes me think that he'd be proud." "Mom and dad would both be." I smile getting back to eating my lunch.

"I'll do the dishes." I said, "I'll join." Clint said I nod. When we were done me and Clint out them in the sink. I wash and rinse them while he puts them away. "How are you doing?" I ask him, "I could ask you the same thing." "I bet I'm better then you." He nods, "Your not wrong." I chuckle, "When is a Stark usually wrong?" "Great your turning into Tony now." He rolls his eyes, I laugh at him. "And that's a bad thing?" "Yes very much so." He nods frantically. I laugh looking down.

The smile disappears from my face. "But seriously what's wrong?" He asks turning to me, I don't answer I just wash the dishes. He turns the water off and grabs the plate and sponge. "C'mon Talia, you've seen me at my lowest." "I know but Steve asked the same thing and I didn't answer because I, myself don't know." "Well you seem overly stressed." "Clint New York just got attacked. Yes I'm stressed but why aren't you with your family?" He sighs and turns towards the sink. "Because it is all over the news that I was brainwashed and that I helped Loki. I am getting seriously hated on by it."

"Well don't listen you had no control over yourself. Its not your fault it is Loki's. And whenever I watched the news it was about me." "Well that is true but I've been in there." "But why does this mean you can't see your family?" "Because I don't know what she would think if I came home. Our kids probably hate me-" "No, no, no non of that. Have you called them?" "Uh, no." He looks down. "Call them Clint. She is most likely worried sick." I hit him with my hand. "I will." I give him a look. "I will. How about after this I will we go to my room and I'll call them." I nod.

We finish the dishes and I head to his room. We sit on the bed as he grabs his phone."What if-" I shake my head, his thumb hovering over her number. I press it and it dials. He puts it on video, within a second she answered. "Oh my god!!" She said as she looked at him. "Hey babe sorry I didn't call you I was nervous." She smiles and that's when she sees me. "Who is this?" She asks with a smile. "Hi Mrs. Barton I'm Talia Stark." She smiles wider. "Its finally nice to meet you Talia, I'm Laura and call me by that please." I smile "Ok Laura."