Chapter 16

I woke up to Steve's heartbeat. I smiled as I listened to it. It sounded strong and healthy. I moved my head and looked at him, he was still sleeping peacefully. I looked at the time and saw it was 9 in the morning.

I sighed, I didn't want to get up so I laid my head back down and listened to Steve's heartbeat. The sound of it made me drift back off to sleep. When I woke up it was to moving. I moved my head and looked at Steve. "Sorry I didn't want to wake you up." "Its ok. Do we have to go back to the S.H.E.I.L.D. base?" "Not unless we get a mission." I nod and get up stretching my back. Steve does the same. I put on one of his shirts as he puts on some sweats.

That's when there was a knock on the door. We went over and answered if. There stood Tony, he looked at Steve suspiciously, "Yes Tony?" "Fury wanted Clint back at the main base around midnight, it is about the Tesseract." "What's that?" "It's a powerful stone that gives you all the power you want." Steve said. "Why didn't he keep it at the bottom of the ocean? It's safer there." "Yes I know, but we wanted to do experiments on it. They had to evacuate the base, he wants us all there ASAP." Tony said

"Ok thanks Tony. We will be on the roof in an hour." I close the door and turn around. "Let's take a shower." I say going into his bathroom. "Can you keep your hands off?" He smiles and walks towards me slowly. I back up into the wall. "I don't know." He whispers in my ear.

I take a deep breath and duck under his arm walking in the bathroom. After an hour we both got out. He couldn't keep his hands off me. We both got changed into out suits. I put my hair up in a ponytail and we walked out. We went into the kitchen grabbing a quick breakfast bar and got onto the jet. We ate while we rode on the jet.

"I hope Clint is ok." "Me and you both." Nat said. "It sounded serious on the phone." Tony said, we soon land on a platform, I see all kinds of planes and such, we rose above the water and went inside. There I see Agent Hill, Agent Coulson and Fury but no Clint. "Where is Clint?" Nat said beating me to the punch. "Let's go into a more private room."

We all walk into a meeting room and sit down. "As you all know last night I called in Agent Barton, we were watching over the Tesseract when Loki, The God of Mischief appeared. He touched a few of my agents along with some scientists with his staff putting them under a mind control spell. And Agent Barton was one of the few who are now getting mind controlled by him." "We tried to go after them but they escaped now with one of our best under his control I had to call you all in. We need to find the Tesseract along with our agents." Fury said, "When did this happen?" Steve said, "Around 1 in the morning."

"And why didn't you call us sooner?" Nat said, "Because we were dealing with it." "Apparently not." I said, "The Tesseract gives off gamar radiation." Fury says looking at Bruce. "Agent Banner I need you to try and track the Tesseract, we need to do this fast, this can become a global catastrophe, we are at war now agents and we will not stop until we get the Tesseract back into our possession." "I will need a few things to build something to track it, use every camera you have, computers, phones, laptops." Bruce said getting up.

"Agent Coulson will get whatever you need." Fury said as Agent Coulson and Bruce leave. "Where is Thor?" Fury, "He is back at Asgard with some family issues now I see what they are." I mumble the last part. "Well since we don't have a God on our side anymore I need you all to train while you wait." Fury says then leaves. I get up and walk out heading to the training room, there I find quiet a few people training.

"Good day Ms. Stark." I bow my head and walk away heading to the punching bags. I bandage my hands and start taking my emotions out on the bag. "I'm worried about him to." I hear Nat say behind me. "Yeah, you've been his friend a hell of a lot longer then me. How are you keeping it inside you?" I ask through punches. "I'm waiting to use it on Loki." I smile and turn around.